218.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Jag top treated 013.jpg
    Jag top treated 013.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Jag top treated 010.jpg
    Jag top treated 010.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 60
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Some from today. For some reason I had some song from the Rolling Stones stuck in my head bringing this wood down8)
image.jpg
One minor incedent. Guess I should've done a better inspection. I had three more pieces to go so the block was basically being used as a vertical zip line. I'm still a bit puzzled by it.

Nice pics!

That must be the spar on the steep slope from last week, I think? The pics of when you stripped that tree into a spar, it was quite a mess on the ground, did you get a machine involved with cleaning that up (besides a chipper) or was it all by hand? Maybe the steep ground meant no machine help?

Those are big, short pieces in these pics, were they pulled over for you or did you 'saw lean' into them?

Still haven't had any mess cleaned up. The guys just cut it up as it came down and tossed it out of the way. I undermined the COG. It had a touch of lean toward the house though. I just made sure with a deeper notch.

That's what I figured, thought I saw some deep faces on those logs.

You are a pro, Rich!

Me neither. Pro work all day. Do you like whoopie slings Rich?

Dude, my back would be killing me if I stood as far out from the stick as you and Bixler do.

I prefer loopies but haven't made any even close to that size. I use whoopies a lot. It been so long since I've tied a block on I might not even remember how to do a cow hitch properly. I might have to go back to it though. Tenex is strong as hell but seems to wear quickly. That's the second one this year. Both in a low risk situation. With more risk I tend to go either way smaller or double up on the rigging.

I can't figure out how to stand up closer using a long bar.

I can't figure out how to stand up closer using a long bar.

How far out the bar are you contacting the wood on the back-cut.

I'd stand closer, dog in, and cut right at the powerhead to get started, positioning with the dog(s), or use the full wrap and chicken-wing it to start the cut.

If you're hanging off the top of the spar to cut the face, start a small back-cut kerf.

WoW!
I'll have to do that some day.
After I do Goodwood and Isle of man:)

image.jpg
My chore for today. Looks like there is a lot of room but the property owner was not happy so had to land every thing in the ROW. 22 mph sustained winds with 35-40 mph gusts made it a long 6 hour take down. Since I didn't want to be bothered by the bosses brother I left my phone in the truck , so didn't get anymore pics

The big oak was the chore. The rest of that mess they can handle ( I hope)

b2d0ba2d83696e74b5b8aa85974d2fc0.jpg
26d7a49718228fd0f077e77a33cb11d8.jpg
76ebf5cf73f32b3aa21727c2c624794c.jpg
2fa8aa30800d8bd44c864d34645636ac.jpg
7ac8f4abedefa29852b10be4b4043dc9.jpg
05213410c345eb263350a0a8c83745b1.jpg

A couple from a td in Brooklyn last week. They kept all the wood thankfully, and the small brush went through the house.
And the transporter is awesome! I will never use caritools again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this one was easy compared to some. No wires! But of course zer damage... Got the guys to lift the balanced limbs from over all the neighbours. It helps setting up some pintos. Ive got 3 days with them next week All takedowns. Might fire up the headcam.

:thumbup:
The first pic showed up to dark for me to see on my phone but looks tight. I just can't fathom how trees even get let to have any size in the city like that.

Back