The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nowt too spectacular today. High winds yesterday and a conifer with included bark lost a stem into a neighbours house. The guy I was working for today went and cleared what he could from a mewp and we finished it off to day. Luckily there were some other Conifers in the vicinity that needed reducing to reduce further failures. Quickly up thee to install pulley and rigging line. Tied off to stem in roof and then tensioned up with my back and tackle and tied of in one of Reg's finest.

Job done and the rest of the pole choked down and the other twin stemmer reduced by lunch. The boss bought us Pizzas for lunch so we were home pretty early.

As he bought pizza for us, I didn't eat my own lunch. My missus makes me lunch on a daily basis but she is out tonight so I had to make my own for tomorrow...

Don't need to now, every cloud and all that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 59
Did this one yesterday. Been awhile since I've had to work one with such concentration involved in making it all go as thought out.
Somehow these always energize me to no end :)
7f869be800b0d12c5b897f18bcfb536d.jpg

beb6e64157febec9e47f7d9f9ebdfaa0.jpg

Even managed to keep the lower stuff intact.
20859f2683841cc41f728b04c478c7a9.jpg

Took a panoramic of today's rec climb tree not sure if it will work here but here goes.
f9017e6c7030543e1953e457af806999.jpg

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trees produce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care!

Joel...what made the tree break line that...looked like a good limb.

And looked like a complicated mess.
We had a ton of rain then wind it failed at a small sealed over branch. Suprised me as well I gave the whole tree a good dead wood last spring. It get a fair bit of line clearance trimming as the primary's are on the left looking up. It pulled the whole knot free about 3in. I left both ends for HO to see try to remember to grab a pic when I go chip the brush Thurs.

Great pics Joel. Looked like an interesting job.
Reg what diameter rope are you using in those hangs and are you using a block or rings as your rigging point?

Let's see it Butch!

Man you guys are tearing it up. :rockon:

I, on the other hand, am still splint-handed for another week. I still have to fall the trees that Andy doesn't want to,... but I still have him beat the wedges. Here's one I almost smashed the neighbor's play-set with. Completely rotten Hemlock. Barely lifted with three wedges in the back...
unnamed-552.jpg

This back-leaning Cottonwood went a little bit better... unnamed-550.jpg

I had the doctors splint my hand so that the bones would heal into a permanent "hang-loose," sign...

unnamed-551.jpg

This dog-hair Fir was 120'x15"!!! dbh...
unnamed-549.jpg

Must be on account of the splint.
:lol:

Oh, man, I was afraid someone would see that. That's a beaver-chew face for sure.

Uh, yeah... the splint. ...and I was on really uneven ground... and my chain was dull... and I only had round-grind... and, and, and...

Back