The Official Work Pictures Thread

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V4UfAL9f74I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great pics, Gary! Did you swing over to remove that ol' 70's TV antenna, too?

Ha! No, we had enough going on that we left that one alone. I imagine he laddered up eventually to do that. That is my cousin that helped with the takedown. A south GA farm boy from way back he is very handy, a quick study. Did a fine job with the portawrap, kept the job site neat, organized, handled all the wood we lowered. He built much of the lake house over the years..when he had to replace the roof he set up a zip line from the road to carry materials down to the house...only access is walking down about a 30 foot hillside.

Cutting back branches to boundary line, other people's leaves are bad!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 56
They'll throw out in the spring, where possible I took it back to live growth.
I posted these largely for devilment but also because this no other solution would satisfy the neighbours in dispute.
I'm aware of Shigo, ISA, bs3978, and all that stuff.

I suppose its good practice to leave them on if you can be called back to prune the epi growth off;)

Interesting point, do you think it's better to leave it longer to throw out epi and compartmentalise better or take it back to the branch collar.
Aesthetically it looks nicer back to the branch collar but long term doesn't a shit cut (like mine) 3 Mtrs out give the tree a better chance to shut the branch down?

I think you're better off with the stub that'll die back on its own than the collar cut but it does tend to look like hell. I can't stand doing those jobs. Around here no one wants to talk to their nieghbor and I end up in the middle. I try to talk to the tree owner at least before shearing at the property line.

They'll throw out in the spring, where possible I took it back to live growth.
I posted these largely for devilment but also because this no other solution would satisfy the neighbours in dispute.
I'm aware of Shigo, ISA, bs3978, and all that stuff.

What does the 1987 British standard for water for laboratory use have to do with it? :lol:

Back