The Official Work Pictures Thread

Hey Willard, what was that Poplar guyed off to?
I anchored the guy line to 2 fence posts at ground level underneath the fence boards . To get the 90 degree angle to lay I girthed 2 long slings around each post and anchored with the 3 ton come along in the middle.
Thanks to the Big Shot rope placement is a breeze to get them tied in up real high to take advantage of leverage.

Here's looking at the poplars from the opposite angle.
The fence was already leaning before I started the job.

Attachments

• 20151005_114552.jpg
    20151005_114552.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 67
Man, I'm just crushed to read your dis of my wedge beating knowledge.

Oh, and I think your very pretty and certainly old wedge driving maul design (and the equally pretty Gransfors version) might very likely predate chainsaws, just sayin'.
:D

Good comeback, I didn't even think of that.
Yes my DSI maul has certainly been around longer than chainsaws. It probably hit it's first wedge in a beech tree sometime around the end of WW1
Got some nice Doug fir logging coming up, as soon as the weather changes, so it is time to hit some wedges again.

Nice work, Max!

Dead doughy pines or crispy?

Which do you prefer?

00c80159898f847b3330755d4a6e8d6f.jpg

In house crane's where the money's at, provided you do enough removals of course!

Sweet grinder Aug!

Jomo

I was up in this beetle kill stone pine today, wishing for a crane!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 57
Had a bit of fun with this Norway maple today. Tied into and rigged off a tall red oak on top of the hill. This was about lunch time after a late start. The brush was laid on the hill side and skidded out to a trail with the bobcat. I have what I believe is some type of elm to remove there tomorrow. On the same hillside but a bit more room to work. image.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know how you like the grinder, August. I'm in the market.

Back