The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sean: Man, that's a HUGE Cottonpig.

Williard: Sir, you've got some skills. Those are some really tight shots you made. Don't think I coulda done that Spruce, and I KNOW I couldn't have fit that Poplar like that. Really good job, and thanks for the pics.

Max: You are the man. That roof job was amazing. Awesome pics.

Deva: Wow. Crazy pines man. I'm sure just about anybody would have lost that pig over sideways. His hinge looked good and parallel.

Dumping rain here for days. Andy shot these of me trying to footlock skinny-rope, SRT in rain-gear like an idiot. I was a fool to have thought that this could have been a champion Red Oak. Turns out... those pigs get pretty stinkin' huge. The first pic is what it looked like driving home at 2:50 p.m.

unnamed-403.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-402.jpg
    unnamed-402.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 60
  • unnamed-401.jpg
    unnamed-401.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 60
  • unnamed-400.jpg
    unnamed-400.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 60
Jed, this rain is something.

I've been indoors yesterday and today.

Tipped tree and two dead trees to get down next to a clear cut, possibly with Laminated Root rot/ disease.

Hail yeah, nice truck!!! Looks to be in great shape!

Your first grapple truck? Can you dump brush for free? If not, I always wondered if it would be cool to stockpile some brush, then chip it using the grapple and your big chipper, dump chips for free, use the truck to get rid of the fat junk wood

Yeah it is Cory, only 31k miles. Thanks treebilly, look forward to putting it to work! I have a few things to do to it. I need to get set up toolboxes, lettered, etc. DOT pulled me over within 30 minutes of purchasing it. :/:

I recognized the color and the meticulous upkeep.

Can you dump brush for free? If not, I always wondered if it would be cool to stockpile some brush, then chip it using the grapple and your big chipper, dump chips for free, use the truck to get rid of the fat junk wood

The shop is on 2 acres, so I've got room for the brush. We can burn the brush, Not free, but it is cheap. We do have room to chip it as well, and we can just spread chips in the yard. We sell firewood with anything that isn't too far rotten.

Nah way, Stephen. I can't handle that kinda volume...at least not til I get some serious Iron like BigTwigs. Nice score.

MD is a small scalpel....precision.

Thanks for the attaboy's.

Jed. You got some cool trees to climb....always enjoy your pics.

TreeBilly, I tried to SRT the removal, but got my throw line stuck on the stub of poop 100' up....so I hiked up from the bottom with spurs and flip line....sketched my brain using a non steel flip line. Used some 11mm trick shit that just don't work like a 5/8 steel core. Confidence is key.

Edit...
The double throw ball is for making it more heavy. Working the line to isolate or etc buries the line into the tree making even more friction....so we put more weight to help with the flicks and stuff.

That's a real nice grapple truck,
man the work you can do with that rig.
Jed, that's big wood you're climbing there, getting close to Christmas will make that job pay the bills.

I was just baffled by two bags. I'm happy if I can throw one on a line. Did you need the extra weight? I don't envy you on that tree. I spent this afternoon trying to convince someone not to wait on two 110' white pine removals. Both scalded by fire pretty bad and near the primaries. It'll be high dollar spider lift rental if they get to the point yours were. I ain't climbing in that situation.

Way cool Tom.

Yeah, Sean... our property is partly flooded tonight. I'll try to put up a pic of the Falls tomorrow.

Rich, I shot one bag with bigshot...it came down plinko to the ground, where I tied the second bag to try and unplinko and isolate the ends of my line.

Just so you didn't think I threw two bags.

:)

What's the name of your business, Deva?

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. No leaks (yet) Paul, just some water and that awful snow.

Ok. Extra bag for weight on un-plinko. Makes sense. I'll put that in my bag. Things I never think of doing till I see or ask. I learnt me something

Back