The Official Work Pictures Thread

His museum in town has a fireplace and a wood stove. They can use the wood at least. It is going to be quite costly to get that stone work replaced.

Raise the canopy IMG_20151009_164526847_HDR[1].jpg

Fold over a spruce into the street, and cut it back over the hedge. Slice some narrow cookies, letting them dangle by the last bit of wood, then drop off.

That red toyota is reputed to have hauled 300 cords of firewood.

Attachments

• IMG_20151010_102602506[1].jpg
    IMG_20151010_102602506[1].jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20151010_123843109[1].jpg
    IMG_20151010_123843109[1].jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 66
How about a rotten fence to work over? They knew it might not last. The hedge could have ended up with a hole from the trunk, but not needed. Better to get permission to squash, then not need it.

IMG_20151010_154345292[1].jpg

Before...
IMG_20151009_141605486[1].jpg Cedar was canopy raised, and 5 secondary tops were subordinated.

Gary can't wait to grab more brush. Oh what a feeling!

IMG_20151010_144034861[1].jpg

Within an hour of his birth I texted Carl a picture of him, along with the caption, "He's the only one in the nursery who already owns a 9mm and a set of climbing gear!"

Pretty cool, Treesmith.

Jay and Sean: I sometimes really envy the peace of mind that you guys must be able to maintain from working single-jack. Still... I'm sure it's got it's downside.

Depends on the job, Jed. Working solo can make a job seem never ending if you've taken on too much.

Right, Jim, a rice field that's been harvested recently. Before next year's planting, the fields get flooded and everything gets churned up. One interesting thing about rice fields, is that under the level of top soil is real hard packed clay that helps hold the water in. No fun at all to dig into if you want to make a vegetable garden where there used to be rice.

I did a few really big jobs by myself when I was between tree services years ago, and I loved it, but I also got (just a very small bit) lonely, and I would talk out loud, as if to someone else. It was as if the sound of my own voice was a type of company. :|:

At least, I didn't answer back.

For me? I worked so long in the woods where even if someone was with you to help on rigging a spar, the odds they could climb or rescue you to the ground were nill (potentially that ground being in a super isolated area where even a chopper is only going to get there in time to pick up your body). I had zero issue with working alone residentially. But I never asked employees to do it.

I work on my own plenty. I choose the jobs carefully & sometimes modify how I work (I am a little paranoid about getting my rope snagged on the ground). When I work in the woods alone I just phone home @ preset times

Back