The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yeah, he felt a little icky about it too.. lol... There was plenty of good wood on the one side though.
Mick, it was like mid eighties today and you needed a vest yesterday in the fall weather. :dontknow:
Skies were clear though :)

Man, I'd like to work/ travel. Climb some California trees. Work south to north, or north to south. Hey, Hawaii and NZ, keep going west. why not? Oh, yeah, that little sprout.

It would be different for sure to work dense eastern hardwoods like oak. Big roping jobs. Maples and Alders are no comparison. Madrones don't tend to spread as much.

When the kids get older, I might do something like that from time to time Sean. Sounds fun.
Any time you might come down. I would be up for climbing some tree with you. You will have to brave the granite on your own though ;)

Nice pile of wood, Flush!

Stephen, the first picture in your sequence is a keeper! Awesome shot!

There is a Co. not too far away with semi log trailers with a grapple mid mounted and they will haul it for free with a $200 kickback for nice hardwoods. So far they have hauled 13 loads for us out of Abby Springs Golf Course alone.

A few from yesterday. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Groundies pics
A few of today's image.jpg image.jpg
Quick strip down and flop. Large oak down to bucket height.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 49
They all were. They measured that cherry at 110. With the lean it was probably only 75-80 though. I had to lower my rigging point on the oak from today. 200 feet of rope and they were coming way to close to running out by the time the piece made it to the ground. How do you guys handle longer ropes? Do you coil them, spool them every time, or use a bag? I'm glad I didn't have to get to fancy with the rigging or we would've needed more length. I'm a bit tired again.

I use bags for anything longer than 150', also have one of the 150's in a bag, works well, easy.

I never thought of using totes. Thanks Dave. I won't use 300' of rigging line very often but I know that I sure as hell don't want to coil it on my arm.
I use bags for my climb lines but coil everything else. 200 is doable just not pleasant.

I butterfly coil if I coil. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WfvioMwTVUo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I use bins and regular rope bags, mostly.

The bright blue IKEA bags are about a buck a bag, water resistant, and versatile on the jobsite for odds and ends, plus pack down to nothing. The wide, shallow bags work decently. I see they now make taller, narrower ones that won't be as easy to throw the rope in.

That is a lot of ash Rajan! Busy busy!
Never knew cherrys even got that big... Not that I ever took the time to notice while I lived back east. Most locked up in kitchens or refinishing it.

This pole pierced and broke this falling redwood log.

ba9072e89bf61f9cdd2ab4f1a9166237.jpg

Log truck....

10aae7661bc365944dff80a9adc4e67f.jpg

Smash! Not my doing God forbid, a typhoon brought some wind. Old Japanese Maple with a lot of rot. Spent a half day cleaning it up for the stone guys coming tomorrow. The grave of a famous sculptor. Now they want the three Cypress in the back taken out. :) Quiet out there by myself.

Attachments

• roku.jpg
    roku.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 51
  • roku4.jpg
    roku4.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 52
  • roku2.jpg
    roku2.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 51
  • roku6.jpg
    roku6.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 52
What will they do.
Glue it back togeteher or make a new one.
That was one rotten maple for sure.

Back