The Official Work Pictures Thread

Very cool pic Peter.

Mick: Man, you have some cool old saws! Self-lowering rocks when the grounds are occupied... I have no idea why it gives me such a sense of accomplishment when I do it, but it does.

Stephen: Thanks for the picks... the old "School Notch"... I haven't seen one of those in a while. Oh, btw... Just letting you know... looks like half the handlebar on you're saw broke off. :P

So here's a few from today... This relatively short Lombardy actually had almost 9 yards of chips it it! Couldn't decide what to do about this included bark (what would you guys do?). Tied the back leaner to the slight head leaner, and took em both. Left the rope long for a pull, cause I was scared, but didn't need it. Some light drilling on the wedges of the back-leaner sent the whole mess over. All's well that lands well, I guess.

unnamed-135.jpg unnamed-136.jpg unnamed-137.jpg

Used the same plate for the back-cuts, as the undercuts.

unnamed-138.jpg unnamed-139.jpg

Now I know that some of you don't believe in the gods, but this photographic evidence of one should immediately change your mind, for, "Apollo doth ride upon his chariot most furiously." (Andy studying his load.)

Attachments

• unnamed-141.jpg
    unnamed-141.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 61
  • unnamed-140.jpg
    unnamed-140.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 61
I assume the left lead gets the first back cut to have weight pulling the back leaner (right lead) to the lay to the left.

Would it be more controllable if one used a more open face on the right lead to keep the tree from breaking the hinge too quickly?

That right lead is so tight. I bet it was a saw dulling pita to even get that traditional face in there cleanly. I wouldn't of bothered trying to take a bottom pie out of it too.

Looks spot on to me how Jed did it. He's the man! I love the loader pic too 'Apollo'. Lmao

Worked on 200 acres today getting some uproot hazard trees down by river road and DE- mistletoed a blue oak with unbelievible amounts of fungus at his shooting range

got to use his polaris Ranger to get down to the river and back up to the range....made things go smoother, oh, and it was a little fun ;) ;)

UAoXiaD.jpg

dweuacY.jpg

yvIlKx7.jpg

Working on range tree....

4Qn3w5b.jpg

D7a6yod.jpg

iDMf5Ck.jpg

C4mssgm.jpg

pile of mistletoe for ONE tree..lol

q4sy0on.jpg

finished

3nK7FK1.jpg

I'm betting cause a humboldt wouldn't fit in the back one is the main reason.

Cool pics Jed. 8)

Pretty much what Justin said Cory. I had to rip the division just to get the face out, so with the conventional, I didn't have to rip as far. (I had to rip the top anyway to let the two stems slide on each other as they fell because of the distance between the two hinges.)

Gary: Maybe a hair, but again... what Justin said; plus, I had the broad side of a barn for a lay, so I didn't sweat it.

Scott: Right on!! Now THAT'S a cool place to work. That Oak came out amazing.

Wow Scott. I always hated working in the rough neighbourhoods like that one. Great looking work as always.

Heh Jed, not trying to steal your thunder. Lol.

Cracking pictures there.

Do you have a lot of Lombardiis over there. At one point I think I was working on at least 1 a week. I used to hate them but don't mind them these days. Although wind or slight breeze can really make or break a day depending on the directions and targets.

Jedi...thx ...trying to be sure I understand the process. Very precise looking notches....love to see "out of the box" stuff like that.

Thanks all, that was the most mistletoe Ive ever removed at one time, in one tree!

Squishy, its rough, but someones got to do it lol

enjoyed a nice swim at end of day, very refreshing ;)

thanks Jay, I luv getting jobs like this!!

On the way down to river, california valley quail were flushing all over, deer were watching us and turkeys were scratching up a meal

Owner just gives me keys and lets me run wild ;)

Cracking pictures there.

Do you have a lot of Lombardiis over there. At one point I think I was working on at least 1 a week. I used to hate them but don't mind them these days. Although wind or slight breeze can really make or break a day depending on the directions and targets.

Yeah, Rich, they love it over here. We've done ones that are about 140'. Pretty crazy in the wind--as you know--and pretty crazy if you're groundy locks up the top. :O

Back