The Official Work Pictures Thread

Here's the nutrition label for V8...

IMG_20240623_085035463.jpg

Respectable amount of stuff, but it needs to be chased with water. It's highly viscous and salty. I love the stuff, but if someone sent a V8 into the tree when I requested a drink, I'd come down and club them with a tire iron :^D

edit:
Had one of these on the way to the job...

IMG_20240615_104712205.jpg

That's my favorite plain sparkling water. The flavor's bold. Once, I left a bottle in the truck and it partially froze. When it thawed, the solids came of of suspension, and it had white chunks floating inside. Still tasted good. It's expensive when you can find it. I usually buy it as a treat, but I just scored 5 cases from the grocery outlet @ $4/6pack. It usually sells for $10, though I generally get 750ml glass bottles to avoid plastic.

Last edited:
I tried the LMNT before and do like it. I’ve been putting a quarter teaspoon of Himalayan salt in 32 ounces of water and chugging that before breakfast and it has helped a lot. Alas, I need to find something else because it raised my blood pressure quite a bit. Maybe I’ll try Celtic sea salt next. Apparently it’s better for hydration with less effect on blood pressure and safer for kidneys.

Before starting and after an hour on a walnut removal yesterday. It was hot and miserable. Had it down and cleaned up by lunch. Had to grind and clean up the stump as well so that took a good while. Then I hauled some dirt for a co worker that started a retaining wall project at his home while his wife was away.
Resized_Resized_20240622_082438_1719107275242_1719107276587.jpeg Resized_Resized_20240622_103307_1719107278479_1719107280572.jpeg

I tried the LMNT before and do like it. I’ve been putting a quarter teaspoon of Himalayan salt in 32 ounces of water and chugging that before breakfast and it has helped a lot. Alas, I need to find something else because it raised my blood pressure quite a bit. Maybe I’ll try Celtic sea salt next. Apparently it’s better for hydration with less effect on blood pressure and safer for kidneys.
That's interesting. That isn't much salt. When I got my blood tested last year, the tech said my sodium was low, and I have a fairly high salt diet. I do a lot of sweating too, but still. Are you sure that's what's raising your pressure?

the rise seems to align with when I started taking it. Docs haven’t said anything yet since it’s not considered high but it’s gone from 119/88 to 138/88 in six months. Most rise has been in the last three which is when I started. Also happens to be when I started seeing the endocrinologist again. That woman irritates me. Good news on that though is everything in my bloodwork says I’m fine so I don’t have to see her for another year. I see my primary dr in a few months and I’ll see what she thinks. I’ve got a cuff here somewhere and I should start documenting more.

Here's the nutrition label for V8...

View attachment 139582

Respectable amount of stuff, but it needs to be chased with water. It's highly viscous and salty. I love the stuff, but if someone sent a V8 into the tree when I requested a drink, I'd come down and club them with a tire iron :^D

edit:
Had one of these on the way to the job...

View attachment 139583

That's my favorite plain sparkling water. The flavor's bold. Once, I left a bottle in the truck and it partially froze. When it thawed, the solids came of of suspension, and it had white chunks floating inside. Still tasted good. It's expensive when you can find it. I usually buy it as a treat, but I just scored 5 cases from the grocery outlet @ $4/6pack. It usually sells for $10, though I generally get 750ml glass bottles to avoid plastic.
The V8 certainly has a good quantity of sodium!

Before starting and after an hour on a walnut removal yesterday. It was hot and miserable. Had it down and cleaned up by lunch. Had to grind and clean up the stump as well so that took a good while. Then I hauled some dirt for a co worker that started a retaining wall project at his home while his wife was away.
View attachment 139585View attachment 139586
I like the way you did the chip truck. Looks good.

Nice! And Haymaker lets you borrow the bucket more or less whenever I'm guessing.

View attachment 139585View attachment 139586
Puts me in mind of the Arkansas buzz wagon from Wacky Races. IMG_3585.jpeg

Lotta work!
It was ok, Avant made it better.
Fibre cable and house underneath made it tricky, one of those jobs that’s been sitting around for a week or two, mostly coming to the forefront of my mind at 3.30 am for an hour or two.

I passed by it a couple of times recently and ran through it in my head, I do that a lot.

I hear ya.

I know you plan on wrapping it up within a few years but just wondering if you give/gave any thought to getting a lift? Could you do this oak with a lift? If so, a lift cuts back on alot of those 3:30 am thoughts.

I just priced a large dead beech today, it has a weird upper structure and I thought to myself how easy it will be with the bucket truck (if I get the job) and yet how high level/expert the climbing would have to be to do it without.

I hear ya.

I know you plan on wrapping it up within a few years but just wondering if you give/gave any thought to getting a lift? Could you do this oak with a lift? If so, a lift cuts back on alot of those 3:30 am thoughts.

I just priced a large dead beech today, it has a weird upper structure and I thought to myself how easy it will be with the bucket truck (if I get the job) and yet how high level/expert the climbing would have to be to do it without.
Yes, a lift would have been handy.
I won’t get one though, might as well become a window cleaner then.

This is actually a couple of work pictures. We have been helping our neighboring Petersburg Ranger District this week with a young growth timber cruise for their upcoming sale offer. Glacial till and flat ground but there's a ton of decomposed leftover pre commercial thinning slash we have to wade through. Walking through some of the units is a pain in the ass.

Thomas Bay scenery.
IMG_20240627_150547_MP~2.jpg
IMG_20240627_150539_MP~2.jpg
There's no field camp for us to stay in so we commute back and forth each day with our boats. Finished up the cruise plots today and will head back to Wrangell tomorrow.

Back