The Official Work Pictures Thread

nice machines but prone to rust and for most urban treework a little bit overkill. since they changed the toll-system in germany again they are interesting just for that. toll free on the highway.. and the newer ones will drive 80 km/h.

Man that would be so damn handy to have one of those!
I sure wish it was mine, or at least the boss's! I keep telling the young buck that it's kinda dumb to have a dump trailer and nothing to load it with but us.

I really should have fought harder for custody of Joan! That tractor would make my life infinitely easier, on top of putting more money in my pocket.

Rig up some gin poles for him on his truck or something, even manual lifting with leverage is far better than just grunting stuff. You can use a chain fall instead of a winch for a lower cost point and sooner availability, then add a winch later as he sees how nice it is to lift and move stuff with no backbreaking effort, in an air conditioned cab no less :lol: Harbor freight has a truck crane you could have him add on the trailer too, an atv winch to replace the hand crank winch and it works great for a cheap loader, had one on my half ton for firewood way back in the day. Add some log tongs and you're off to the races, and if the floor is too light simply bolt or weld some plate in the corner to make it heavy enough and spread out the forces. I had mine on the original bed, but under the bed i had added a plate welded to the frame to transfer the load to the frame, even used to load my welding machine (trailblazer 250) with it.

Rig up some gin poles for him on his truck or something, even manual lifting with leverage is far better than just grunting stuff. You can use a chain fall instead of a winch for a lower cost point and sooner availability, then add a winch later as he sees how nice it is to lift and move stuff with no backbreaking effort, in an air conditioned cab no less :lol: Harbor freight has a truck crane you could have him add on the trailer too, an atv winch to replace the hand crank winch and it works great for a cheap loader, had one on my half ton for firewood way back in the day. Add some log tongs and you're off to the races, and if the floor is too light simply bolt or weld some plate in the corner to make it heavy enough and spread out the forces. I had mine on the original bed, but under the bed i had added a plate welded to the frame to transfer the load to the frame, even used to load my welding machine (trailblazer 250) with it.
I friggin' love you Kyle! You think like I do in many ways. I give him crap on the daily. He's a certified welder, we're both intelligent, and I own two electric winches. Why he hasn't made the bacon sizzle on some steel and made our life easier is beyond me!.

John and I removed a white pine. Only one tip tie rig had to happen. Rest all just dropped. Chips stay on site and rounds bucked and left on site. It was HOT! This heat in August isn’t so bad (comparatively) but it’s harder to adapt in June. When I couldn’t remember the model number of the saw I wanted, I came down and sat in the truck with the AC blowing. I was drinking much water and many electrolytes though. Got a lil sunburn.

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpeg
    IMG_0431.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9729.jpeg
    IMG_9729.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9730.jpeg
    IMG_9730.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
The way you Harford County boys deal with heat makes me feel like a real monster. It's not that bad, just suck down a quality brand of bottled water every 30 minutes.

Veterans will remember the Hydration Formation. I call one every 30 minutes. They don't do it anymore but I do every half hour.

Even 120° is manageable with enough water, believe me I know. A mister can work wonders or just soak yourself with a hose. Evaporative cooling works great, if done properly.

That's one of the things that puts me in the worst mood. It'll be August, and you open the door at 7am, and feel 80°, and it's like someone shoved a wet wool blanket in your face cause the air's so wet. Just think "FML..." and trudge off to work. It's demoralizing. The 95° today is 25° over what I consider hot, and 60° over what I consider ideal tree weather.

The way you Harford County boys deal with heat makes me feel like a real monster. It's not that bad, just suck down a quality brand of bottled water every 30 minutes.

Veterans will remember the Hydration Formation. I call one every 30 minutes. They don't do it anymore but I do every half hour.

Even 120° is manageable with enough water, believe me I know. A mister can work wonders or just soak yourself with a hose. Evaporative cooling works great, if done properly.
I was definitely drinking every 1/2 hr alternating between water and body armors (electrolytes). Still, after 4 hrs of the sun beating down on me, I needed to cool myself. I was fine afterwards though.

I'm finding this stuff works extremely well, work all day in the high heat, no problem, no food till dinner

KEY NUTRIENTS Multivitamin Electrolytes Powder No Sugar - Tangy Orange Electrolyte Powder - Endurance & Energy Supplement - Hydration Powder - No.

Amazon won't let me post the full item, oh well

Back