The Official Work Pictures Thread

Did you use your new trimmer? If so, how'd it work for you?
I used the new trimmer. It was great. No cords. Blasted through. I used it last week to clear a bunch of sticker bushes as well as Ivy leaves off the vine so I could better see to get the loppers in there whilst cutting vines from the base of many trees. It can cut the actual vines though and not damage bark But, vines have to be proud on the bark and under 1” or so.

I bought my 3120 from this guy. It’s ported, adjustable H on the carb. It was his practice saw and he went to a lot of work to find and tune a good coil for lots of spark for consistent starting every time. It probably sits the most out of my saws and starts the quickest out of the saws that sit. 2series huskies are up there too.

I bought my 3120 from this guy. It’s ported, adjustable H on the carb. It was his practice saw and he went to a lot of work to find and tune a good coil for lots of spark for consistent starting every time. It probably sits the most out of my saws and starts the quickest out of the saws that sit. 2series huskies are up there too.

That is one fast as fook saw and sawyer.

oddly satisfying to watch him race through the cants. funny hobby :)
Among his other saws is a 250cc moto engine....

...it is funny how something can be work, just a job to someone and a hobby to another. I do trees mostly for fun. There are lots of guys for whom it's just a job and they take no interest in it and I know more about it than they do. Just met one yesterday. I like cutting big trees, not trimming, and trimming is all he does. Some guys will hotrod anything.

Last edited:
Another ash. Quite dead
How do you decide if they are too dead to climb?

I did similar today, took out two 85'x22" dead ash, super tricky given the setting and the low price lol. One small difference though, I used a 75' bucket. You be careful

For this one, my tie in point was inline with the top of the tree so I was barely putting any weight or side force on it. I rarely climb an ash without any other close tie in point. If there is one rule, it would be based on the bark coming of in the first few feet of spiking up. I have refused many ash trees. Clients understand and I refer them to a bigger outfit.

Back