The Official Work Pictures Thread

Been out working in Maui and Oahu… contract climbing really exposes me to a ton of crews and different styles ideas.

The crane guy gave me a couple days but never mentioned or let me run the thing…. I set chokers of burnt kiawe trees….

Did a cool Monkey pod (imported by Mark Twain legend says) just deadwood and lift skirts to 20’.

There is a wide spectrum of primes, just gotta find the ones that work for you.. probably like dating 7 different chicks at once. IMG_0169.jpeg IMG_0178.jpeg IMG_0190.jpeg IMG_0205.jpeg IMG_0208.jpeg IMG_0224.jpeg

Nice pics, especially the one of you at the base. First pic, what is the ring for- less friction during retrieval?

That hollow section would make a nice office trashcan. Cook the critters out of it, and glue/pin a disk in the bottom.

We've used a few of those over the years as outdoor planters. No bottom, just place on the ground where you want it, fill with dirt, and bob's your uncle. Some had annual flowers, some just a nice sword fern. They don't last forever, but the effort is minimal.

Several of the bird house thing, too. M likes those to mess with.

Some foreigners get the " Bob's your uncle, though ":D

I was just talking to a guy at work today about how easier it is to translate from Danish to English than the other way 'round.
Simply because the vocabulary in English is WAY bigger.

Danish has about 70000 words, English at least 3 times that.

So my vocabulary in English ( American, really, but I can do both quite well) is way bigger than that in my native tounge.
Weird, ain't it?

My x-wife and I would sometimes switch to American , to get something across, because the Danish failed us.

Add to that another 300000 words in Deutsch, and you'll understand while my brain sometimes seems a little preoccupied.

Some foreigners get the " Bob's your uncle, though ":D

I was just talking to a guy at work today about how easier it is to translate from Danish to English than the other way 'round.
Simply because the vocabulary in English is WAY bigger.

Danish has about 70000 words, English at least 3 times that.

So my vocabulary in English ( American, really, but I can do both quite well) is way bigger than that in my native tounge.
Weird, ain't it?

My x-wife and I would sometimes switch to American , to get something across, because the Danish failed us.

Add to that another 300000 words in Deutsch, and you'll understand while my brain sometimes seems a little preoccupied.
i don‘t think i use 300000 words in my deutsch, feels closer to 5000 :)

Trimmed back arborvitae row about 8” back from chest height to ground. It felt weird doing landscaping work but kept customer happy and made a little extra cash after work. I have another job upcoming which is about 3/4 landscaping scope but I don’t mind that type of work every once in a while.

Edit: this is really just a joke post. It involved a tree as well as work but, it ain’t tree work.

Attachments

• IMG_6941.jpeg
    IMG_6941.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back