The Official Work Pictures Thread

8D913C3C-6845-49DD-83C6-DE707CD67744.jpeg
86235698-F798-4613-B2A8-710DD073CB51.jpeg
Put two ropes on it, one high, one at main crotch in case the top broke out.
Been dead at least twelve years. Back lean (of course!) over the road and wires. Notched into dead hollow. Minimal back cut. No ‘real’ hinge wood - just collapsed as we pulled. Down safe. No cleanup.

That was a cool short vid, Deva, and looked like a fine pruning job on the palm. Do you use spikes? And would you tell us a bit about your set up for palms? And I"m guessing you use a saw not a machete up there?

These are coconuts…. Definitely spurs…. The choices are Swiss bands, Spurs or tree stands….
The legit way is climb line and flip line…. But super production guys only spike up and spike down… say a climb line slows you down.
I personally like the climb line…. When you’re 80’ up it helps make you feel safer. Haha.

Many people use double rope ddrt and a set of rings…. I use srt rope runner and tie a retriever biner at the tip of line and run my tail thru the end.

100% cane knife or machete.

Last edited:
These are coconuts

Lotta good info there, thank you.

I posted the following link a few weeks ago re cocos, there was some interesting discussion on it but you didn't weigh in, perhaps you missed it and you may find it interesting

I found this vid interesting largely because the treework involved, trimming tall skinny coco palms in Hawaii, is so foreign to me, bears little resemblance to treework in the NE, and using those machetes looks dangerous AF, steel core lanyard or not!

I used spikes, steel core 540 wrap to go up
Once close up under the crown, lanyard in with regular lanyard over some fronds and sit.
Then put my choked srt system in below on the stem.
100% silky. Move about resetting lanyard over retained fronds. Once done spike down until I was sitting in my srt system release all lanyards and rappel down, sometimes swinging over to the next one. Pull srt system out and reset in the new Palm.
Repeat

Super tight access job today and my Avant 528 showed his stuff! Had the tree out and loaded in under 3 hours, and I even was able to rip the root ball out. As you can see we had very little room to work but it was just enough. My Avant carried out every piece except about a half bucket of rakings at the end. I love this machine! Capistrano condo 1.jpg Capistrano condo 2.jpg Capistrano condo 3.jpg Capistrano condo 4.jpg Capistrano condo 5.jpg

Max, just curious, how did you get into SRT? Was it from forums like The Tree House or was it more from local influences in Russia?

You’ve got mad skills Max. It would be an honor to work with you or even meet you some day.
Nice to see some work pics from you BOTS. How’s semi-retirement treating you?
Back to the grind after five days away. An easy one to start the morning
7CE81C4F-9C32-4536-8B78-B9E52C722609.jpeg
And then stretching out and puckering up a bit
087E8333-D334-430B-BC05-50739A532F47.jpeg 911422CF-B1B1-4759-872A-C98E66143D5E.jpeg

Back