The Official Work Pictures Thread

Ones Like that in the past, the crane ops Ive had will often let me ride the piece out, decend before they lift the pic, or have a basket I can work from.
I've ridden the pick out a few times but I felt like every pic we took was taking weight off in the right ways so I wasn't too worried. I've been nervous about upsetting the balance before especially with severe root rot.

So something I don’t understand about the flagpole I removed. It was a 75’ perfectly solid no rust inside or out old school American made flagpole that could be seen from blocks away. Now the new flagpole is 25’ tall and not visible from any direction other than directly above and the flag conflicts with the trees in between it and the road, city trees. Who the fudge was the genius that came up with that plan?. Dumdasses I tell ya.

So something I don’t understand about the flagpole I removed. It was a 75’ perfectly solid no rust inside or out old school American made flagpole that could be seen from blocks away. Now the new flagpole is 25’ tall and not visible from any direction other than directly above and the flag conflicts with the trees in between it and the road, city trees. Who the fudge was the genius that came up with that plan?. Dumdasses I tell ya.
Your tax dollars hard at work

Yep, probably not a need to do project. Bummer

Deva, those whippy stick coconuts!! I've done my share but yours make my stomach wobble just looking at them.

I live on the Steamboat Island peninsula outside Olympia. I took a couple pictures from the bridge to the actual Steamboat Island.
Mt Rainier.

A small fir and cedar climbing dismantling job for a septic replacement that was half the work. The other half was the combo of big rose type plants and other, non- thorny climbing plants in the bottom 30' of the 2 trees than had to come out.
No drag. Very roadside. 20220908_153129.jpg 20220906_190449.jpg 20220906_190441.jpg

Hey Sean, I only wear saw pants.. 90% of the time when I’m cutting w chainsaw…. Cocos are only hand saw and cane knife… no chainsaws.
it’s a little lighter… though I’ve learned the merits of ditching cotton underwear….

Fun and beautiful day in the tulip poplars other than a slightly argumentative crane operator. Twice I advised he was up against a limb and needed to “retract 5 ft, boom down, then extend, and he replied, “ I came through this way before”…and continued to push hard against a 6” branch with the boom. First time he begrudgingly followed my instructions after complaining loudly on the comms. Second time I just calmly asked the boss to walk down and get eyes on it. Boss to crane op:
“Yep, he‘s right and you need to listen to the climber”. After that he refused to speak to me. Asshole move as he is sitting in a large, powerful machine and I am perched 90 ft up in a brittle tree.
Got them done.
061232B7-8C89-4897-9E19-152E010788A9.jpeg
115383F7-9F6D-4139-B008-74705B45021E.jpeg

Next time throw something on the cab so he gets the point. An operator is simply a tool you use to do a job, the minute he wants to ad lib and make shit up he needs to go. Him refusing to speak would be a bonus :lol: seriously tho, operators that can't follow signals don't need to be in the seat. When i was a first year pup an old timer who should have retired years before i met him talked my ear off about crane safety, then proceeded to almost crush my hands and drop the load by thinking he knew something we didn't. The foreman threw a pipe wrench off the carry deck, which finally got his attention and stopped him from cabling down for no reason.

I texted David (boss/friend) when I left the shop:

“As you likely noticed I put the Husky 390 and 260ft rope in the shop and the service body truck key is in the tray next to the helmet comm chargers. Thanks for a fun day.”

His reply:

“Thank you, I did see them, and thank you for a fun day as well, we’ll just have to beat Mark in the head a little bit for a little bit.”

Mark is the crane op. Rich, who owns the crane business was David’s college roommate, so I am sure he’ll hear about it.

You could not pay me any amount to work with that guy again.

Smh. Good thing he didn't maim you with his know it all BS attitude.

He deserves some level of beat down but since you are far wiser than that, simply never again allowing him on your job site will likely suffice.

Back