The Official Work Pictures Thread

Maybe nothing. It just looks unusual. The color changes part way up. Looks like it's covered with mold or something.

Some solo work, 2 maples going away after pruning 7 last week. Some rigging. Some dropping.

He's adding on more felling tomorrow.

I have to prune some at the neighbors' tomorrow. So I left the spars up.

The trunk on the left is an intact, overstory doug'fir around 125'. Maples were around 85'.
The spar on the left is about 1/3 of the bigger maple. The spar near the house is only 1/6 of the original height.

Probably do him a solid and take the mini over to help him move some material. If I dump the big wood on top of everthing, he would be hurting trying to deal with it.

I wish i could just climb and fell without cleanup at every job.

He's going to rent a chipper.
He'll mulch the keeper trees.

20220620_171935.jpg

Last edited:
It's ok if they take it the wrong way, that's why you're the boss. You are leading from the front by jumping on the worst stuff, which shows why you are pushing the job. They'll get the experience when they're ready for it, you just showed the pace and process so they understand the expectation. Hopefully they get pissed and push themselves to the point where they're the ones in the tree, you go help the other crew cause we got this shit. Good stuff man, i hope you are paid a dump truck load of cash every Friday.

How is your hand, Rich?

It’s not too bad. Gets a bit stiff after a hard week, I have been training quite a lot though. Muay Thai and BJJ.

The weather is warm now. My fingers still tingle constantly due to the nerve damage. Index finger will be like that forever as I pretty much ripped the nerves out and they didn’t manage to repair them.

So far so good. We will have to see how it feels when the temperatures drop. Might be a bit tricky working through a Norwegian winter. You never know though, another 5 months of healing for the other fingers might make the nerve damage not so painful.

Thanks for asking.

Chemical hot packs might help.

I have some liner gloves that I put under the Pfanner Ice Grip gloves I use. They have a battery pack and wires woven within the stitching. They heat up and make it bearable. Only thing is though I need three sets of batteries for a days work.

they second thing is I am shit at remembering to charge them.

Not sure exactly as they were provided gratis from the Norwegian Commie Gubment.

They also gave me a set of heated ski gloves when I said I could wear the liners under my regular boarding gloves. About 900 usd worth of gloves FOC.

Glad you're doing well.

Speaking of your hand, I think I remember during your rehab they tested your hand strength, do you remember what your readings were?

My bad hand was tested and I was about 100 -110 lbs. He said it was average to good and it was doing well. Then he tested my left (good) hand. I squeezed about 150 + lbs.

Still a way to go then.

I haven’t tested it since I was last at the physio about 6 month ago IIRC.

8FC0FA12-1223-4AA3-8CFC-CBF774E16B0F.png

I bought this on a whim, it's not expensive, good reviews, seems to be a good device. Cuz you hear alot about grip strength being a overall health indicator.

You squeezed 150 lbs? That's off the charts, son!

I'm at 105-110 lbs which for my age group seems to be decent. If you scroll the link, you'll see a table for age/strength.

Back