The Official Work Pictures Thread

I haven't used a landline for telephony since 2000 I think. I still used it for dialup internet til 2006. Verizon jerking me around on a repair finally lit a fire under my ass to get cable internet. I now use a cell phone hotspot for internet, and when walmart family(tracfone) finally switches to Verizon, I'm gonna get a Tmobile hotspot device.

Had a couple hours. I got back over to Brother Charlie's cracked, ganoderma-ridden Lombardi poplar between things.

Charlie helped with untying the two tops I lowered, swapping my top- handle for ms362, and pulling on the spar, though I was moving it with wedges better than I guessed i might (a bit of solid wood). 20220606_152812.jpg
20220606_152846.jpg

There is ever so little wood in the
hinge of Mush.

One more to go. Maybe a bit bigger, but not covered in conks, and possible largely solid.

That tree had the least sound wood in it of any tree I've climbed, or of decent size that I've felled, if only as spars. Second trunk was worse than the first.

I've watched these blow around a lot in hard winds for years, out on their own. It doesn't make sense it never broke.

I thought i was going to fell that second half with the last leader intact, but decided it was too close to things.

A lot of things would have been totally acceptable had i smashed them (fencing, fruit trees, old shed), considering the zero dollar price tag, but No Thanks.

Hey! Not everyone lives where there is cell service, you know :).
Yup, sketchy here also...we are in a dark zone at the house.

Very fair, i guess I must be spoiled in the Midwest. Here there's still pockets of no service, but pretty much everywhere does. Maybe not your carrier but someone has something there. It would amaze me working pipeline, you would be working in the middle of no where, places not even on maps and stuff down 2 gravel roads, but almost everyone on the jobsite had 4g service and were streaming music and video pretty much all the time. I have sprint so mine barely works from my couch, but someone had service there! :lol: maybe from how flat everything is towers work better? Never gave it much thought before....

Maybe the terrain is a factor, but in rural areas around here, there just are not all that many towers. Hard for the providers to justify the expense for a small population, I suppose. But it is a chicken and egg thing, too...I'm not too inclined to spend money on a cell phone and service/data minutes if there is sketchy coverage :).

Very very small to no population where I'm talking either, but then again this is farming country so the ag equipment might need it?

Back