The Official Work Pictures Thread

Scott that looks like a helluva job. Impressive.

Do you do any crane work? If there was access on that job, you might find that the cost of the crane is more than accounted for in the time and labor savings.

The trunk closest to the inside corner of the building- was it a pita to fall it and/or keep it from rolling into the building from on top of the 2 adjacent stumps as it hit the ground?

I found this at the dump and couldn't ask the dumper due to them not speaking english. Would there be any other explanation beside the half plung and then go around the log with the top of your bar to pack wood chips in the kerf? To not pinch the bar

Attachments

• IMG_20220408_133148.jpg
    IMG_20220408_133148.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
That’s what it looks like to me Wayne. I’ve done that a few times on large stumps. Mostly when I need to get as close to the ground as possible.

I found this at the dump and couldn't ask the dumper due to them not speaking english. Would there be any other explanation beside the half plung and then go around the log with the top of your bar to pack wood chips in the kerf? To not pinch the bar
Could be that they didn't have a sharp chain/ bar long enough available,

or

That's what @cory has shared of a magic technique: keep your chain sharp using Pulling chain while the tip is buried, keeping from contaminating the kerf, flicking off dirty bark as you cut.

Reminds me of a similar method, if you're cutting dirty wood you can plunge cut in the clean area and up cut through the dirty area. This throws the dirt away and off the chain rather than drawing it in and grinding it into the chain teeth. Makes a huge difference keeping your chain sharp.

Doug-fir with a corkscrew for a top, with heartwood rot, facing the Puget Sound, over the house. Slow to taper.

Controlled speedlined and free-Speedlined most limbs about 50' or so sideways to the landing zone behind the chipper, using a pulley at 15' high, 30' past the drop zone as the low end of the speedline. Everything was lowered to the ground from the belly of the span. Tight squeeze past the house for the low limbs.

Alturnamats tied to trees, with brush as a catcher's mitt for the wood. Most was firewood doubles cut with a 20", until the lowest 15' of chunks before making a wildlife habitat snag.

2nd doug fir with Phellinus pini heartwood rot in the back.

20220412_124237.jpg 20220412_124456.jpg 20220412_142447.jpg 20220412_144001.jpg

Sean I really sometimes wish I had staid your size business wise. I used to love to climb, now I hate being responsible for so much

today’s job. Big ass oak over busy street. Women didn’t seem “affluent “ so I gave here a deal back in January. She took a bit getting back and I didn’t enjoy the stress today. Million morons day

9AC0BB28-A735-4067-A08E-27D23F976984.jpeg

Went back after a late afternoon lunch and coffee break. It's been hailing, raining, cloudy, sunny fir the last two days.
It was dry until i was getting in the truck, at which point it was hailing solidly.

Made hay while the sun shone. Carried the 2nd and 3rd mat down the stairs after moving firewood and stacking logs of the ground for future years' needs.

Steep for moving heavy logs.
20220412_185346.jpg 20220412_185549.jpg 20220412_171916.jpg

Back