The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sounds good but dang, working alone seems like pulling teeth. 'Lotta work' like our former friend would say

I finally got to clean up some stump grindings this week. About 8 yards of grindings and dirt. The suspension wasn't happy but it drove surprisingly well. I have a free place to dump them on the far side of my next door neighbor's house. Had to use the loader to help lift the bed when I dumped.

IMG_0363.JPG

A 6 headed monster too close to houses and fence to be careless. Stil need half to be taken down before safely dropping the rest. Good sunny day though. Cleanup will be a lot of work, it is a no needle left behind kind of lawn.

Attachments

• 20220209_091746.jpg
    20220209_091746.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220209_154152.jpg
    20220209_154152.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220209_142520.jpg
    20220209_142520.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
I have the micro spikes, the red ones shown, they laugh at icy trails. You can also get less aggressive ones, my son has a pair, ran a few miles on non-stop icy trails last weekend, no issues at all

Sven, all I have to say is. FUG that noise. Seems akin to driving fast on icy roads. Sure its understandable getting hurt slipping on ice. However you still have to pay medical bills and loose work time. I have a delema right now because I dont want to run my crane in frigid temps as my crane is due telescope seals. $40k job . Im still hoping to sell the business so am just trying to baby it. Employees might not understand that though.....

These are what i got, i needed them that day and the bass pro across the river had them. I don't know if they are the best out there or anything, i just know it's a whole bunch harder to slip on ice. I had little trails all over my yard from doing chores, and they had become very very icy. I've split wood with them even, which i would consider to be fairly tough on a slip on cleat imo. They turn doing the ice shuffle into a careful walk :lol:

Thanks for the beta, LLBean is down the road and have the ones Cory uses. None of the spikes I’ve worn reliably stayed on so we’ll give these a shot.

Paul, I hear ya. This part of Coastal Maine gets lots of wintery-mix/sleet/rain/deep-freeze progression with this last storm exceptionally crappy. Looked at a job last evening and no way will my trucks go down that driveway till it clears!

Reactions: Jed
Back