The Official Work Pictures Thread

Did they set you up with a keg to take home for the emergency call?

Don't see yards of ale much around here. Pretty much only at festivals. Sucks to drink from. Tip it a little. Tip it a little more. Ok, just a hair more... HOLY SHIT! as the whole thing dumps down the stem :^D

Reactions: Jed
That's a big boy for 35. I don't think we have those in my immediate area. Are they good for anything?
Not sure about cottonwood specifically, but poplar is used on saunas I’ve heard.

That’d be a serious cash crop if it was strong. I don’t think anything very fast growing makes for strong lumber. They’re like weeds. Big tall stinky dandelions.

I mentioned before tulip poplar makes great survey stakes. I don't think it's used for much else on a big scale, but I could be wrong. I wonder what kind of stake cottonwood would make? The stringy grain sounds appealing. Might be less likely to blow apart in hard ground. Just seems a shame to turn a big tree into nothing.

Re yard of ale- who invented that drinking vessel, a plumber no doubt?

Don’t know who invented it.

BUT I have witness one finished in aboht 7-8 seconds. It was at an after dinner meal playing rugby against the Combined Forces -19’s team. One of their guys had turned 18 so was made to down the yard whilst wearing parade ground number 1’s. He failed and covered himself in ale.

The locals at the rugby club started shouting for a bloke to show the lad how it should be done. Pretty funny, as someone offered him an apron to which he declared not a drop would be spilled.

He necked it in about 8 seconds.

Apparently the world record is 5 seconds.

Looking through some old pics on my phone... Anyone ever try to see just how much you can cram on a dump trailer? I climb for one guy who takes the prize. I’ve never seen anyone pile more on a 10’ dump trailer. And I once saw him pile what looked like 10 yards of brush on a Chevy S-10.

9BD48449-8BD9-471B-A1AC-82FBAAF7A782.jpeg

Back