The Official Work Pictures Thread

Husqvarna.

As heavy as a $5 thrift store ax, and as useful for wedges. Someone misplaced my pounder for me one day, and I was already at the rental shop / husky dealer.

I had an alder barberchair on me and wreck the handle, ending the ax.
Lifetime guarantee!!

Does a nice job as a splitting ax.
Over-priced as a pounder at $100.

I was almost a Husky user. I got burned out on the research, said "screw it. I'm gonna pick a brand and stick with it to simplify things". Husky won due to being in walking distance of work. Contrary to the website, they were closed when I went to buy a saw, so I went to the Stihl dealer. I later added echo for small saws.

I'm still a little salty about the coil failure on my brushcutter. Most of this stuff is for the lulz, but I happened to need that cutter for a job, and it let me down. I ended up buying another one, cause it was the only big machine I could get on a day's notice. Yea, you can get a coil failure on anything, but it was Husky that dropped the ball. My Stihls and echoes just keep going.

Practically speaking, there aren't a lot of Husky dealers around here, and I particularly like the way Stihl sounds when it's idleing, so it works out, but whatever. They all cut wood.

I run Stihl for the simple reason the local Stihl shop is the best saw shop in the country.

I've run into people from other parts, that have been sent there by Stihl, for warranty issues that their local shop couldn'tr fix.
Also, having come there for 30 years, I get excellent treatment.
Apprentice wrecks a saw on Island Møn.
I drive 2 hours up to the shop.........parts take 4 days to deliver.
I go: "Shit, Bjørn; we are logging on Møn!!!"
He goes in the show room, takes a saw apart and gets the parts needed.
1 hour later I'm south bound again.

The local Husky dealer is an asshole, simple as that.

Last edited:
My Husky dealer treated me alright. He gave me an extra blade for the new cutter I bought, and I think it was a year later I went in to ask about bar oil cause I was cutting on the farm, and ran out. He remembered me, and gave me a quart of oil gratis. Just small stuff, but he didn't have to do anything, and most shops won't. I can't complain.

Yup. Really depends on your service local.
But broken down simplistics, every badge has good saws and crap saws. You just need to sort through it all and get what suits you in each class. If you look in the back of my truck, you'll see Echo, Stihl and Husky.
Example, last couple jobs. Felling large pines with an 066 with 36 bar. One pine limbed out with an Echo 590 first. Echo 800 in truck as back up in case of metal with a 30" carbide chain. Then the Oak tree got the Echo 2511 up top, 590 on the ground, Husky 36 near the roof line and the Husky 272 for the fell.
Pick the tool that works best for the job. Make sure you have a good service center to back it up. My two best service centers handle all 3 badges.

Mine had a butterfly chain on it.

Ever seen a butterfly chain?

They work best on hardwoods.

Pretty much suck on softwoods though.

Jomo

Last edited:
Reactions: Jed
Hard to find/amazon link... huh?

That upcoming gas company work sounds tricky

Back