The Official Work Pictures Thread

This all I have Guys. Homeowners dog from today. Works been very intense. Just haven't had time for cameras or comments. It'll calm down I'm sure. Hope everyone is well :thumbup:
20170718_160532.jpg

Thanks. We've been out in a place called Metchosin these last 2 days. Beautiful country. Been so dry for weeks now. Forest fire risk is severe in the region. Admiring the 360 view from the top of a big fir today, you can't help but speculate just how much fuel is waiting to ignight....far as the eye can see. Hopefully not.

I had smoldering moss from a maple stump-cut get blown on by the saw exhaust. Made a puff of smoke I could see. Crushed it out. Dry moss, no bueno. Ever so slightly damp is nice to work in.

...Works been very intense. Just haven't had time for cameras or comments.

Feelin ya Reg... I always try to get pics up, because... I dunno, it's like... treework just seems to matter to so few people, right? Really more August's sentiment than mine, but still... it's a bit like: "pics or it didn't happen," or maybe more like... I just can't stand for this rather pedestrian Fir-kill to just, not matter, somehow, does that make a lick of sense??

But then I don't want to post, because one feels this weird social obligation to all of the guys... like the guy who cut the tree from the latter... feeling you too, brother... I don't know.

Stephen: Yer an animal.

Griff: You don't know the half of it, bro; but I don't want to go on a rant here. People like me who say they're sick of big companies should either put up, or shut-up, as I'm sure evereyone on here feels. Truth is, they pay the bills, and they're tolerably fair, so I'll gladly quit my whine.

Here's an Ash I had to take a ton of side-lean off in order to fall into the woods, if anybody cares!! :whine::whine: Nobody cares brothers! Nobody cares!!! :whine:

unnamed-1421.jpg unnamed-1422.jpg unnamed-1423.jpg

Jed, something I've always imagined doing in a situation like that is to rig a big lead like that and hang it from the other side of the tree in order to change the balance. Then use the weight of the rigged limb to help tip the tree when falling it from the ground. Toughest part would be retrieving your rope.

I care Jed, I care. Always great stuff from you.

Forgot to get pics today and I was so ready to brag about how my guys kept 14 trees inside of our 30' wide easement. We have one tree left but it's on hold due to a lawsuit filed. 4" of the root flare is on the neighboring property and they got a cease and desist order with suit filed. A counter suit was filed by our customer. I figure we will be back in a month or ten to remove it. Both parties involved remind me of little children. Oh well. Enough whining. It was a beautiful day!

I like that idea Brian. I might give it a shot in a low risk situation. Only problem I can see is the butt of the rigged piece hitting and causing a kickstand effect.

Jed, we in this thread care, of course, so please, keep it up.

But lordy this shit get tiresome- a guy who was a bit douchey to work for 4 months ago emailed today saying I wrecked his fence and gate when we did the work and come fix it. So I emailed back and said in a nice way "Nah" we left all as we found it but I'll take a look". I go over tonight and see his gate has been recently dented by a freshly fallen limb from the adjacent woods, its laying right at the base of the gate on newly bent over tall grass. I show his wife and she agrees. He emails later "sorry, I didn't go out and look close"

Fookin twerp

Back