The Official Work Pictures Thread

Took this pic of the little maple yesterday. Almost time for "retrenchment!" Wondering if I could prune the roots to slow the rapid growth. It gets a lot of water from sprinklers on the flowers.

IMG_7397.jpg

Man, Reg, you must have loaded your pics and sent em out right when I was composing my novel of pedestrian res. pics. That stick was AWSOME. Not many people get to take those down anymore. Stinkin sweet.

Scott: Man, those were beautiful.

U.K. Rich: Nice work, bro.

Damn they sound sweet,you like em? How they holding up?
I wear my spurs with my clip n steps often but they are far from ideal and getting beat down.

They're amazing on hooks Griff, They're a stiff boot, and take some breaking in, but they're very grippy in the tree. I haven't had them long enough to comment on long term durability, but so far they're holding up great.

Nice,they definitely look the part. I have 3 pairs of wesco highlighers for the gaffs but the little shoes are much more comfortable off the hooks!

I have a couple pics on my dumb phone but have no way to get them on the interwebs. Anyone here willing to have me text you the pics and then email them back to me so I can get them on my computer?
Text?! What's gotten into you man?!

da4f5614d825e204c99a079764aeef12.jpg

That looked like a limby one Willie.

Crazy how the rope looks bowed up in the picture, like it's defying gravity...

It was Wooley no doubt. Yeah, one of my guys took that picture, loved all the action in it, let it run!

Willie do you ever off set the pulley from the lowering device, so the pulley isn't directly over the device so the rope wont get smashed by the log against the spar? Just curious, thanks

Job we did yesterday:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2We1c6CZu6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Willie do you ever off set the pulley from the lowering device, so the pulley isn't directly over the device so the rope wont get smashed by the log against the spar? Just curious, thanks
Yeah, we do, don't worry much with soft wood, we put the lowering device where we want it to put the ropeman out of the way and the block Where we want it. Some times they line up, sometimes they don't

Sam: Nice Hemlock shots. Real nice.

Corey/Willie: HA! I just finished telling my super-new ground guy... "YA see son??... Ya NEVER put yer rope where you could just knife through it with the piece that'cher takin off it!"... only to defy my own rule, like, two chunks of pine later. :lol: He was like, "Hey!... what's up with that, boss?? :lol: I was just like, "AHHhhhh... Try. Just TRY, to keep yer mouth shut, will ya?!"

Coupla shots...

Here's the butt-stick of that pine I was talking about.

unnamed-1356.jpg

O.k... Here's ahh... in no particular order. Oh wait.. no... here's today's Lam-Root-Rot Fir that I high-stumped off a wedge-bang, at about 50', to avoid smashing the fence...

unnamed-1354.jpg

Here's the logs, and the High-stump...

unnamed-1352.jpg unnamed-1353.jpg

Most of my corronetting is done via a modified Bart Simpson motif, however, It seems that some neo-classical Burger King influence has inadvertantly crept into my lastes piece. MAN i HATE convention!!!:X:X DEFY convention, brothers!!! Let art LIVE!!! Let art BREATHE!!! NEVER. Simply, NEVER, EVER, ever, ever, ever... do this... :cry:...

unnamed-1351.jpg

Ohh... here's another LamRootRot Fir that I fell. It was weird... I thought that I was creaping too close to the fence, so I blasted-off my near corner. The corner-zip didn't do a thing (Too little, too late, I suppose.), but it dead-centered the shot anyway. Nervous Nellie, I tell ya... unnamed-1355.jpg Look at that root-rot though... They're all like that in there. (Boeing's Bellevue plant.)

Back