The Official Work Pictures Thread

image.jpg image.jpg
Siberian elm removal today. Glad it's a high of 14*F so I can get truck access. No central tie in and; mostly dead with ice damaged live limbs. Kinda brittle in these temps so rigging is smallish. Works out good since they want to keep as much of the under story trees and bushes as possible.

The Beverly Hillbillies were quite fond of possum. They look to ugly to eat. I tried a young woodchuck years ago. Wild game has tricks to making it taste good. I used to shoot woodchucks as a pest and felt guilty wasting possibly good meat. I guess it is good if you know how to cook it.

I used to shoot woodchucks as a pest and felt guilty wasting possibly good meat. I guess it is good if you know how to cook it.

Good on ya, Cobleskill

Ray, thankyou for the info. Unfortunate commentary on our times.

Good to know, big Jim.

Max: We're all drooling over your 200t. Man, you've managed to keep that thing in such very good shape! I even like your guide-bar. Our Stihl, 14" guide-bars (I think) have a slightly larger nose than yours. I think that yours would allow for higher chain-speed, but Stig or Williard will probably jump-in (hopefully) and correct me here.

Rich: Nice tree. Looked pretty huge. Did the bucket reach the whole height on that pig, or did you have to clamber up?

image.jpg
Didn't quite get it all down today. No big deal. We have to do a bunch of dead wood trimming in the back yard as well. I think we would've got it if I didn't have to pull two of the groundies apart and keep them separated. One apologized profusely and the other kept running his jaw. I had to fill out a damn report on it tonight. Felt like a damn baby sitter. Swapping one out tomorrow and hopefully a better day.

Jed the boom was able to reach enough of it with some creative rigging to work. Really had to trust the rope man for those cuts.

Don't you hate feeling like you're trying to manage a preschooler when you're at work? Is that just me? I already get plenty of feeling like that, but she's not even 4.

For those pictures i just sat my phone in the bushes and put it on time lapse.https://vimeo.com/152292752 glad to hear it's healing good Jed. Hows it look?

O.k.... is that like a C.I.A. agent phone? That was pretty cool. Here's my hand with two weeks of healing on it. I also had my daughter shoot a pic of the splint that I still have to wear for AT LEAST two more weeks! My company shirt bears a corporite marketing logo containing the inscription, "Do it right, or not at all." Man, I wish I knew how do do it right. :|:

unnamed-532.jpg unnamed-531.jpg

Looks a tad swollen yet, maybe thats just the angle though. Glad yer on the mend Jed.

Hey, Rich, are Siberian Elms a good tree in your area?

They are useless here. People planted loads of em thinking that a "siberian" elm would be hardy enough for our area.

Keep on healing up Jed.
Yeah Sean, it drives me nuts. Only difference is these are 180-200 lbs preschoolers. Funny that they both had to puff up on each other but when my 160 lbs had to get involved they both back pedaled pretty quick. The one kept up his yapping till I told him it was 7 miles back to the shop and 10 degrees out. He would have plenty of time to cool off while walking home.

Jed the boom was able to reach enough of it with some creative rigging to work. Really had to trust the rope man for those cuts.

Yeah, I'll bet. Maybe that's what they got in the fight about... "LET IT RUNnn, you Jackass!" and etc.

Sean: Oh yeah... I was thinking about sprocket size. :-#

I don't like them here either Jim. Kinda the same scenario. I think they were brought in because of DED but don't quote me on that. Vile nasty smelling tree.

No Jed, I had the luxury of a four man ground crew today. These were the two pack mules. Not very smart but good for carrying stuff.

Been there, done that...

Attachments

• crush_1.jpg
    crush_1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 48
  • crush_2.jpg
    crush_2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 49
Here's Jerry!!!

Attachments

• ber_1.jpg
    ber_1.jpg