The Official Work Pictures Thread

A fallers are novice.....one aims to be a C faller in the government realms....I failed my B faller test in the FS but nowadays I'm a pumpkin hunter...

Jim. That's the piss jug. Working in the city streets....I don't mind pissing in the streets but others do.

What's with the tassels on yur toes, yu golfin up there! Jomo

They're some NorthWest convention known as a "brush-guard," Jomo. Never quite figured out how they guarded you from any brush though. :/: Were they shooting for the same "cattle guard" look that they had on the front of thier trains?

Deva... That was one scary, and nasty looking tree, brother. Monterey Pines? Cool looking trees.

Well the separate tongue is there to protect the boot from the laces, as for the tassly part?............well everyone knows loggers like tassels. Lol.

Great pics everyone.

That's the only reason I run em anyway...

I guess the reasoning is that the tassels curl up and keep brush from ramming in under the laces.

Monterey cypress, Jed. Here's a slab.

bac0b464953a23593fcce78df67de671.jpg

They're some NorthWest convention known as a "brush-guard," Jomo. Never quite figured out how they guarded you from any brush though. :/: Were they shooting for the same "cattle guard" look that they had on the front of thier trains?

Deva... That was one scary, and nasty looking tree, brother. Monterey Pines? Cool looking trees.

I trimmed mine in a hopeless attempt not to look so silly!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 71
Jim, I think I sent a pair in to White's for rebuild around this time last year, and the turnaround time was only 2 weeks.

Monterey cypress, Jed. Here's a slab.

bac0b464953a23593fcce78df67de671.jpg

Wow, are you hand-planing that?! What are those curley-cues at the bottom from? That is such beautiful wood. Probably my favorite part of the Gerry Beranek training vids is the part where he prunes this gigantic Monterrey Cypress. Man, I'm pretty jealous of those trees. What are you going to do with that slab?

Jomo: Man, those are awsome custom Red Dawgs. What I'm so amazed by is the stripe up the side that you've sewn for a spur-guard.

Yes...Jed. Hand planing with my Lowe's special....ended up making our front coffee table out of it.

550d2304c7026312ce4f35ab524fe537.jpg

fa8ab56421207d6775edc5d85b0bd33d.jpg

Jomo.....Those are some serious boots.
Red Shanks!

They're highly modified n customized Wesco HighLiners Jed, lace to toe.

Nice slab o wood Bode man!

Jomo

Jim, I think I sent a pair in to White's for rebuild around this time last year, and the turnaround time was only 2 weeks.

Thats not too bad. The only reason I am a bit apprehensive is that Dad sent his favorites Whites to them and they were never the same afterwards.

The Smoke Jumpers that I wear are SOOOOOOOOOO comfortable, I would hate to lose that. But at 400 dollars now, I had better not ruin them!

No boot will be good if you don't have a solid foundation. I just went for a follow-up to my podiatrist office. Getting new orthotic inserts (basically shims for your feet, a little here, a little there), then sending in my old orthotics to be rebuilt. As important as a good boot. As a very foot intensive trade (very little sitting down or laying around), bearing lots of weight, a check-up at the podiatrist is worthwhile, and better to avoid the early stages of pain that may send you there (like me).

I shouldn't have waited 1.5 years and worn out orthotics, and pain, to get me back in there.

Back