The Official Work Pictures Thread

Way to many trees in this back yard. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Another climber and I dead wooded and removed sucker growth all day. We both agreed that we are becoming bucket babies. Both of us are out of shape for that much climbing in one day. Dreading tomorrow morning's aches and pains.

Nope. The big shot was well used today. Srt ( I know it's a no-no for you) all the way. It was HH verses rope wrench. I think the HH won this battle. I had to say that because he is threatening to join this site.
If you joined tonight , nice work today Joe.

Rich that looked similar to my morning yesterday, 3 tall hickorys in a nice yard for thinning, big shotted and srtd up. Im tired of the BS now.... But luckily Bonner is sending out an APTA to try :) yay

Ct foot ascender and recently got a HAAS.

I would love to get ahold of an APTA Benn. The BS is a load of fun working at a golf course though:evil:

Nothing too exciting, just a couple shots I had time to take.

Attachments

• 151104_002.jpg
    151104_002.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 151104_003.jpg
    151104_003.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 151104_004.jpg
    151104_004.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 151104_005.jpg
    151104_005.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 55
image.jpg image.jpg lots of dead way to long in this oak. My words upon seeing this tree were " what dumb son of a bitch left this growing here?" It had severe die back in the tops most likely from the addition to the house ten years ago. Job went really well though. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Five hours later it was time to go home. Boss thought I was lying to him when I called at four and told him that it was ready for the minions to pick up. He figured a day and a half on it. Maybe he will give me the day off tomorrow;)

Dang, Dave, no wonder you're tired. Doesn't come from being out of shape. Come's from doing too much work. :drink:

Wow, Rich... Great shots. Great work. Great hinge. Did you torch off more wood on your near corner to get that pig to drift a hair to the left?

Coupla shots that Andy got from the ground yesterday....

20151103_131655.jpg 20151103_131748.jpg 20151103_133834.jpg

Oops.... guess I don't know how to format stuff.

It had a good lean toward the house and we were pulling about 90 degrees to the lean. The 32" bar was a few short so I didn't see a problem with getting a bit thin on the lower side of the lean. That and I didn't want to be between that log and the house if by some chance it took a wicked bounce
Tall SOB once again Jed. I only get the pics from me looking straight down. No one wants to get below me for the straight up shot.

No pics from today but a decent size maple TD, reverse parked the bucket with chipper underneath and rigged all the brush butt first into it from the bucket. ! I love jobs like that. Pure poetry in motion. Easy on the groundcrew, with a little thought from above. Then rigged most of the wood into the trailer.... (Should have taken the machine but it was a long distance.) At the end of the dying day I Wrenched up a big oak for some deadwood over the roof.

image.jpg image.jpg
Another silver maple tastes the 661 bar. I had to include my not so perfect notch and back cut.
All cleaned up and waiting for the wood truck to show. Back to get the wood from yesterday and then to look at tomorrow's job. Today has been to easy. Dreading tomorrow I was told that I'll have an inspector so I'm guessing there must be issues with a property owner.

Nice pics!

Did you make the notch and back cut both with a pulling chain, instead of a pushing chain for one and pulling for the other? That can often result in the 2 cuts being not level with each other, as I'm sure you know.

Some really good pics T housers!!

Bix and me deadwooding/mistletoe this black oak....my basal tie used 18ft of rope to get around this Pig!!

EDIT...got the pic in bigger size!!!!...pic so small, not sure why...

XMhLRhI.jpg

Ox8zv0u.jpg

OdHJOMM.jpg

Just a bit of push Cory. I was in a bit of a hurry to fell the log before lunch. I had a few 12"-15" log slated out to absorb the impact that I wanted chipped and didn't want to restart the chipper after we ate. My face cut followed the grade and I was level with the back cut.

Back