The Official Work Pictures Thread

Dead bigleaf maple on the edge of a ravine. Some off of the front, drop the rest down the ravine in the back. I cut a small step in the butt of the tree to access the springboard. I had a drop-off under me. I decided to to finish the back-cut as low as I could get myself, stepping into the incut step, while having one leg on the board, ready to get out of dodge if some of the top broke out.

Rotten cherry next to it, to the left got flopped. Big fir left of that got some building clearance pruning.

I climbed this ash to prune it about two years ago. I told the custy that I didn't think I wanted to climb it again. The next good windstorm broke it out where you see the top of the trunk. Its the shade for this older couples' waterfront deck. The sprouts are growing. We decided to keep it reduced in order to retain it, giving them some green to look at, and shade. I suggested they under plant. I whacked this with a pole saw from a tall orchard ladder, guy-ed back to two other tree. The trunk is way hollow, and about 20' tall. I found out this last visit that this tree is actually a sprout from an old stump.

Attachments

• 10.29.15 057.jpg
    10.29.15 057.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 10.29.15 059.jpg
    10.29.15 059.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 88
  • 10.29.15 063.jpg
    10.29.15 063.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 10.29.15 004.jpg
    10.29.15 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 91
Not really, I'd already shook the tree. The higher stub on the maple was a pole saw job, plus a pull line. I expected it to pop off with that top-cut, alone, or with me pulling. I actually pulled it with the Boxer, as I couldn't break it free by pulling the rope, and Gary was busy. Plus, no point in getting him to stop what he was doing when I knew that the Boxer wouldn't fall on top of me when it let go, as he might, as I was pulling from an area with poor footing.

image.jpg image.jpg
A pic of my poplar log from yesterday and a crab apple that the home owner just doesn't want to part with quite yet. I was gonna post it in Nick's thread just to mess with him, but decided against it

That's right. Ogre don't care!!

Jed, Just a partial top-cut with a pole saw, no face-cut. Totally dry, so not heavy.

Ha, was Reg "The Professor??" No doubt he must have been with his extremely precise approach to tree work:thumbup:

Ha, was Reg "The Professor??" No doubt he must have been with his extremely precise approach to tree work:thumbup:

Cory, I met Ben when I started sub-contracting to the company he was working for. At the time he was out ranked and pretty much bottom of the pecking order at the company....be-that only a 4 man crew. Back then I don't think they could ever envisage that he'd end up a better tree man than any of those guys....by a mile. And he did it not by picking and choosing the easy road or standing on the sidelines when it suited....more like meeting the tough jobs and paths head on, and figuring them out. No excuses.

Ben has that bit extra grit, determination and staying power that many guys don't. He has my respect.

Per Reg:
Cory, I met Ben when I started sub-contracting to the company he was working for. At the time he was out ranked and pretty much bottom of the pecking order at the company....be-that only a 4 man crew. Back then I don't think they could ever envisage that he'd end up a better tree man than any of those guys....by a mile. And he did it not by picking and choosing the easy road or standing on the sidelines when it suited....more like meeting the tough jobs and paths head on, and figuring them out. No excuses.

Ben has that bit extra grit, determination and staying power that many guys don't. He has my respect.

An excellent vote of confidence/endorsement from someone we all respect.

Cool to get some perspective and history on Mistahbenn. Ben DOES do some bada$$ trees.

Benn does some nice precise nitty gritty work. Lotsa city jobs has gotsta make ya gangsta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benn does some nice precise nitty gritty work. Lotsa city jobs has gotsta make ya gangsta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's always room for improvement though. Tring to uphold a humble and hungry mindset can keep you moving with more positive direction and purpose. Play to your strengths by all means....but never believe this is as good as it gets.

Still improving everyday. Every cut even. Perfect practice makes perfect. I've actually been paying a lot more attention to my cutting and climbing since I now have to train the new guys. We have been doing a lot of stump analysis on all of our cuts.
And thank you Jed. I missed my mark by a couple inches though. I blame it on the wind

Pollarding.
0208fda01dc7d5fd2a99996751a0a533.jpg

Oh, man do those shots rock Deva.

My shots sucked today: too dark. I'll put em over on "How'd it go."

Cool, Rich. I was way too low on a back-cut today. :(

Back