The Official Work Pictures Thread

Looks superb for what it is.

Did you use loppers, shears, hand saws or whut?

Nail clippers.
:lol:
And an emery board!

Did you use loppers, shears, hand saws or whut?
Stihl gas hedge trimmer. The biggest cut was maybe half an inch diameter.

But that is just about the saddest travesty of a live oak I have ever suffered seeing :). I mean, really?
Trust me, I get it, B. Let me play devil's advocate for a minute here. Do you have hedges at your house? Or a lawn? Do you let them grow as nature intended? Never cut them back? How about pollarding, or topiary, or espalier? Should we give those up because its unnatural and a travesty of the environment? That tree is 20 years old and the homeowner is thrilled every time we cut it. She thinks it's the prettiest tree in the neighborhood.

I dislike using shears, at least in part because getting all the hangers is a nightmare imo

And an emery board!

Stihl gas hedge trimmer. The biggest cut was maybe half an inch diameter.

Trust me, I get it, B. Let me play devil's advocate for a minute here. Do you have hedges at your house? Or a lawn? Do you let them grow as nature intended? Never cut them back? How about pollarding, or topiary, or espalier? Should we give those up because its unnatural and a travesty of the environment? That tree is 20 years old and the homeowner is thrilled every time we cut it. She thinks it's the prettiest tree in the neighborhood.
Fair point.

A Mellow I would think they wanted deluxe addition. Hand snips only back to a proper leader or lateral.

Lifted this little poinciana Had fun.. realized I get to climb trees for a living so I had fun. :)
Had to get out to all those tips for the view of the ocean. It was nice to be in the shade all day Kona side.

IMG_0352.jpeg IMG_0353.jpeg

This is a tree I boo boo'd in 2015 or 2016 when I had that 45 tree job residential logging for the most part.
IMG_0530.jpg
In this thread
Cabled and braced, this multistem has faired better than most with the mono event and last years heavy snow fall.
Nice to see all the callous wood and compartmentalization. Right over the rod and nuts. Hardly see them now.
20231101_130542.jpg 20231101_130533.jpg 20231101_130525.jpg 20231101_130520.jpg 20231101_130514.jpg

You didn't do the stumps with the hoe while you were right there? Or was it not a big enough machine?
we are doing the stumps too, that machines big enough but id like a ripper tooth, one day I will need it bad enough
the small trees <2" are the worst, they break or rip in half before you rip out the roots, we aren't supposed to dig but we have to just to get the stinkin stumps out like they asked

day one of a 3-4 day job, ive got a stump to dig out first thing tomorrow that isn't nearly as tiny as the rest, although some of the 6" trees took me 20 minutes each due to the mass amount of roots in this area

*not my cut, was this way when we arrived
1698898536296.png

Back