The Official Work Pictures Thread

It's funny, I gave them a price a year ago after I had my crane guy look at it because the set up was stupid tight in the driveway with wires and a big oak limiting the swing. They reached out last month and said do it. I had my crane guy look at it again just because it was a year later and it was so tight, he said take off a limb over the driveway ahead of time and we should be good.

Every time I looked at the tree it looked different to me. Either it was "it's a big tree but there isn't that, that much to it", or, "oh chit I underpriced another one"

Turned out it was priced to the minute which of course means it was actually a bit underpriced.

The crane op is so key because he's highly productive while still being very safe. As we all know, those 2 qualities can sometimes be mutually exclusive

Is a house trailer repairable? I mean probably but wow.

Reactions: Jed
Here's a still of the mini. There's something going on with rope that doesn't appear to show on the tree???

Screenshot_20211017-192717_Gallery.jpg

edit:
I think I see what's happening. Something on the ground looked like it was part of the rope system. I think he's got a prusik on the line, and he's just minding the free end with his hand.

Looks like they had a come along/wall hauler prussicked to the pull line so they were pulling with the mini and the come along. I'll try to get a still pic.

Kudos to the steady handed camera man

Now it looks like a porty on the line.

You see the faller trying to use body english to keep it off the house. Damn.

I think there is a groundie in the bushes hidden by the dingo driver, pulling on the come along

The action/movement of the tree seems informative
A Dutchman or even a double Dutchman? I'm going to guess that the sawyer assumed wrongly when cutting his notch that the missing piece of wood is what steers the tree. I am constantly met with expressions of confusion when I tell people that the wood you cut doesn't steer the tree, it's the wood you leave uncut. I'm guessing the stump is an ugly mess. Although an ingrown old fork or stub in the holding wood could also produce similar results.

I agree, Cory...from what the vid shows, the face was likely a screw the pooch job. But there is no better way to figure out what happened, and when, and why, than a solid stump forensics evaluation.

And as I have noted before in other threads, and Brian correctly points out, the damage to any well planned and cut face should some impossible to ascertain from outside defect in the interior of the face be so, will most definitely mess up your best laid plan and execution thereof.

Last edited:
I really dislike those helmets. They look clever and well designed, but they also look like power ranger helmets. Like the ceo let his 9yr old son lead the design team.

Uh-oh.. I might be a Power Ranger and didn't know it. I think that's what I have. Here's a video I made of how to pair those helmets. Does this make me a Power Ranger? :D

Have you ever been hit in the head doing tree work?

No one cares what PPE looks like when it save your brain in my opinion.

Cant believe I used to wear ball caps, thinking how cool I was.
Love seeing Bros with no chin strap on, first hit wipes the helmet off, second is your brain hitting the ground.
Pfanner is probably the best helmet for impact, including side impacts...
Ever stabbed your ear drum with a stick in the tree?

Ive never put fashion and PPE in the same sentence…. I must be out of style.
Do you wear your helmet in to the WaWa, Turkey Hill or 7-11?

Beware of Evergreen Pears…. Heavy and bound to rot.

Attachments

• 392CE37A-D452-4FFC-B169-EBB64687AE6A.jpeg
    392CE37A-D452-4FFC-B169-EBB64687AE6A.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
  • C7DA4AE4-95C3-43BF-97F1-6819872C7DE6.jpeg
    C7DA4AE4-95C3-43BF-97F1-6819872C7DE6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Back