The Official Work Pictures Thread

My laptop with a real keyboard is about done.

Been looking at buying a new one.

Virtual keyboards are a PITA.

Sorry.

Cory, I was pretty sure it was going to be solid enough not to worry. I considered redirecting the rope to behind the stump after the face cut, if i didn't like the looks of it. It was okay. Crispy on one side of the hinge (cracks in the sapwood), a little more recently alive on the other side of the hinge.

I put the Maasdam rope-puller on it with a little pretension, just because.

Sometimes, its just a matter of standing the tree on wedges, moving it forward a bit (but as you know wedges are slow to move the tree forward) then run around and pull sideways on the pretensioned line (magnifying the force).

Also, a consideration was ready to cut the hinge as it fell, allowing it to roll off the keeper trees (Stig-style), if off-course, but no need.

Thanks Max, I thought i was seeing things w the wire.. I was like that doesn't look natural.

The gri-gri nice... I've never used it... I've seen it used for a flip line or lanyard.. and as a belay device..
There is so much to learn in our work. Thanks for responding. :)

Here's an old pic from about 15 years ago in Petaluma... So sad I got rid of that truck.... 1969 F-100...View attachment 111377
That would sadden me as well.
I had a 72. Frame broke. Finally had to let it go. That and a 1971 f200 i was going to marry it with. Oh well.

I had an 84 f100. Three on the tree, and I don't think it had a seal anywhere that didn't leak. Sold it to my landlord at the time, and he paid for it by taking $50/month off the rent. When it was paid off, he kept the rent at the reduced amount. He was a cool guy, and I really liked that apartment. We were made for each other. The apt was kinda dumpy, but it suited me, and I didn't pester him about repairs. If it needed something, I handled it myself if it was within my abilities.

Wow. How many people can say that?... It’s like a massive hedgerow of trees. What would those trees be called in English?

Back