The Official Work Pictures Thread

I meant places here. I push it up and burn it or push it down in the woods to rot. Had a place that let you dump for $1.50/yard and they’d grind it up and sell it. They closed though.

Seem to have been doing a lot of pruning recently. A bit to cold to be fannying around with a camera though, so not many pictures.

Did take a picture of this elm I tidied up yesterday. There was another frowning next to it we removed and then I removed some regrowth, deadwood and cut back the growth from the school.

Sorry no before pic. Note to self, must try harder.

E9AD817C-B0DF-4235-B78C-CA11B59EE3BC.jpeg

F7C63287-4832-4DD1-85D8-70783FEBE182.jpeg

Pruning like crazy here as well and the temps haven’t been nice either. Starting a large declining wild cherry and declining red oak as soon as I can feel my toes again. No equipment access and a long up hill drag. That’s not my problem though. I was just asked to get them down safely. Another crew or three will be by next week to clean it up

Nice pics Rich, love the sun near the Arctic circle.
Just spindly oaks removal and grinding, not raining for a change.
Had the nephew up them to help the learning. He learnt when you cock up and hang up rigging on a fork, the energy expended going down and sorting it out in the morning is a debt you’ll pay in the afternoon.

He was completely shagged out by the end, ams like jelly.

If he has any sense he will learn quick.

I was at the point when I was at it a year or so and would think I can’t be arsed going down to cut the stub off. It’ll be ok. 3 hang ups later you go down and do it anyways.

It has been dry or snowing here since Christmas. Maybe one day in plus temps.

This morning -14c on the way in. Joe was freezing whilst he grounded for me yesterday. Today we both climbed and another ground guy was the cold one.

I did a job last week and the guy with us had his mate down who was a pretty decent photographer. He took some decent pics. We removed the Spruce hedge one day and then the three birches the second day. Going back to prune the oak at a later date. DA876589-245E-4CD3-9EA9-FE40989E64DF.jpeg B7DB5427-AA3E-4742-B4FD-8CA66EB74CFA.jpeg 1E9EAA7F-066A-4E90-851A-22CABD970D22.jpeg CD93BB5B-40A4-49A8-8778-F9F0DC2490D5.jpeg

I snapped a couple of Geir whilst I was waiting for a big saw.

Nice picture. You probably dump some tricky butts and pick them off the ground, when possible, eh?

How is your climber working out. From a single snapshot, he looks like he could be good

Joshua is tied into a ring that is anchored above the ball so as to be compliant with OSHA regs. He has climbed for me for 6 years now part time, I got him Monday and Thursday from about 1030-1100am when he got off the night shift of UPS. He was pretty green when he got here but has always been very eager to take instruction and is pretty much fearless . He's a baptist minister so is straight as an arrow and true to his word. I persuaded him to quit UPS but he will still only work 3 days a week as he has obligations at the church. Kinda pain trying to put together a kick ass crew for 3 days a week. I think if I can ever find a crane op. I will climb one day a week so everyone can at least get 4 in . I was hoping to get a crane Op who was good at wrenching, then I could keep him busy 7 days a week. Now Im looking for whatever will show up.

At a guess Mick I would say he is only on the hook for setting the chains. Flip line round, remove top anchor. Make cut and then even get off the tree for the lift if he wanted.

I am sure Paul will chip in.

At a guess Mick I would say he is only on the hook for setting the chains. Flip line round, remove top anchor. Make cut and then even get off the tree for the lift if he wanted.

That is the process , Rich, unless PC has some other tricks up his sleeve.

Paul, an op who can wrench, that would be the holy grail

Cory I had one from GA going to come up. He was older (as am I) but was ASCE diesel mech and hydraulic cert. He never showed up or called. I was super bummed.

We stay tied into crane till we are 90% through cut then tie into tree 2nd time with climb line.

If I had a nickel for every good-sounding tree guy that agreed to come in and then they didn't show, I'd have over a dollar. :|:

No, felling a log with three long laterals.

I hoped for more breaks, but the limb busted more in half, and ended up reaching the fence.

I was badly pinched on time and rushing... that's a retention basin, rarely dry, sometimes, like when this foot of snow melts under rain, it will be 2' deep with water, maybe more, at the far end.

First day for my GF to work the ground in a while, and was going as a safe (slow) pace.

We got everything chipped, cleaned up, logs and mats loaded on the trailer, and moved with the mini to the customer's parking area in the far side of the tree, before dark.
She had to roll out after 6 hours to get to band practice, so I did the final 1.5 hours alone.

Started climbing about 10am. Ran for the chipper midday... an hour round trip. image000000.jpg

9CFEAAAC-DE98-4CEA-B62B-0C2E587670B4.jpeg After butchering a lotta teeth, I’m slowly making baby steps toward the double-bevel hand filed sqr/sqr chain. Lotta work here - I’d venture to say a guy or gal is better off dropping the coin on a grinder 😁

That looks pretty darn good Frankie. Try just leaving the chain on the bar, and ramming a wedge between the bar and chain on the bottom super tight... that renders the drivers on the top side of the bar, in the bar groove very tight and quite stable for square filing. A guy can run through a whole chain in very slightly longer than it takes to file round.

Back