The Official Work Pictures Thread

Double cut face, bore the small peg at the back, bore the big peg, then trip the small peg, then the big one...my trip cut wasnt lower than the bore, points off but it went ok. Head leaner.

@flushcut That's a bulldog hitch coupling, with the leveling setup. About the best money can buy, but it can live up to its name and bite your fingers if you aren't careful!!! I always kick mine closed because i had to learn that the hard way :/:

Passed my course...so glad I did it, Australian native trees are different from what I've been used to. Had to adjust some techniques and habits to adapt. Learned a lot, expanded my comfort zone.
It was way cool to be working on an active forestry coupe too.
THICK bark!
My little Husqvarna axe got nicknamed 'the tomahawk' haha!

@flushcut That's a bulldog hitch coupling, with the leveling setup. About the best money can buy, but it can live up to its name and bite your fingers if you aren't careful!!! I always kick mine closed because i had to learn that the hard way :/:
I've never seen a coupler with two "legs" coming into the height adjuster. The ones I see the height adjuster is a formed C channel with a cast coupler or lunette eye bolted on. Or in as it may be.

Had a neutral to slight back lean. I left the hinge a bit thick, as I was solo, the tree has some decay, and I had a rope.
It broke on impact.
Not sure if it started to split at the hinge when pulled or on impact.

Bridged the drain field well enough.

Bunch of rain the day before starting Mats are good.

Handful of hours onsite Monday, a little time Tuesday, a couple hours yesterday.

They added more work, when the neighbor gets a tree taken down.

IMG_20200316_181955154.jpg

1C85473F-5C5F-44DC-80EA-32144F4CDEB5.jpeg
What a muddy mess. I don’t know why we start clearing a wetland when there are storms rolling in. Should’ve ignored the boss and went with my gut. Put everything down and not try to organize. But no, I did as I was told and almost buried the excavator. I’m gonna spread those sticks out and play swamp logger tomorrow in the rain. While the other guys are dropping trees onto a parking lot, I’ll be in the mud. It will be a glorious day for sure:wack:

Love that machine. I used a small excavator once...incredible machines. You can topple whole BIG trees with that thing...if they will let you dig out the roots around it.

A bit of old lawn mower damage at the bottom there or something else? That tree also looked like it was filled around. Prolly a good candidate for removal either way.

Definitely getting warm here. Good working weather so far. That tree has some lean towards the house which was only 30 feet away and the boys bedrooms are in the direct path.

Planted this Dawn Redwood at a local park. The high stumps in the background were some white pines that we took out a couple weeks ago. They're gonna have a chainsaw Carver come do em up.
IMG_20200317_182438_673.jpg

Picked up this freshly rebuilt 020t. Nostalgic for sure.
IMG_20200318_143005_549.jpg

Took down a pair of tulip poplars and my other climber did the oak (fresh spar). 120' 20"dbh 5 limbs and a top. These woods poplars can get crazy tall quick.
KIMG0489.JPG
KIMG0488.JPG KIMG0487.JPG

Nothing too special but nice to be out working, especially with everything going on.
Oh and the 020t has good juju. Been several years since I used one, but man just like riding a bike

The cam strap seems to work well, I've found that having everything super tight makes it hard to turn the LD sideways to get the rope over the back when loading. I like the hook idea though, might get to steal that little biner back for something else.

I dont feel like the stakes were necessary but its sort of a visual security thing for the folks at the park. And no, not bare root. 25gal pot

Back