The Official Random Video Thread!

This was one incredible rescue. I didn't know that they had to knock the kids out with sedatives and then drag them with respirators in their mouths for over two miles of total cave, and half a mile's worth of submerged cave sumps. This was easily one of the a) most difficult cave rescues of all time, b) the most experimental cave rescue of all time, and c) the most successful cave rescue of all time, with just one death.

I watched another documentary on that rescue. Amazing ingenuity that almost didn’t happen but worked flawlessly.

Interesting how stuff like that is dealt with in developing countries. Seen videos like this before and it’s usually just people along the roadside helping to free the vehicle.

One video of a tree job used large vehicles just passing by to pull a limb out. They basically just stopped a delivery truck and said we’re tying a rope to your bumper and we’ll tell you when to drive! After snapping the rope a few times and going through several trucks, the limb finally came out.

I don't consider this a dog, but apart from that:

I have seen a dog and a fox doing just that.
Plus, when we were football training the same fox would sit behind the goal and chase the ball when we missed (it got a lot of exercise!)
It was a a time when rabbits were plentiful and easy to catch, so he had a lot of time to find new hobbies and interests.

Interesting. You can pretty much imagine how devistating mining could be to that environment.
I wonder if the sea creatures they bring back for study get the bends or explode from depressurizing dissolved gasses.

Back