The Official Random Video Thread!

Interesting. You can pretty much imagine how devistating mining could be to that environment.
I wonder if the sea creatures they bring back for study get the bends or explode from depressurizing dissolved gasses.
They die from rapid depressurization
Depressurization is not why they would die. None of the marine life is being hoisted out of the 3 plus mile depths for any reason whatsoever, so depressurization wouldn't be a concern. The concern is that, by harvesting the effective bedrock of these organism's ecosystems, it may affect the the marine flora and fauna. In the documentary, you can see the massive ground roving machines that are lowered into the depths of the ocean mowing over pretty much any living thing in its path. Anything at seafloor level (minus several feet below that level) will become heavily disturbed by the mining equipment.

EDIT: The machinery has a series of different filters to separate organic from inorganic materials, I believe.

Last edited:
The color in the footage in these WWII documentaries make it a little more interesting to watch in a situation (for me at least) when they already were very interesting...

Hitler can suck my left nut. What a loser. If you look back on history, it's simply astonishing that he became the Fuhrer of Germany. My guess is that it had A LOT to do with his charisma, confidence, deluded nature, aggressive tone towards Jews who were scapegoated early on, and near yelling-level speeches in a domineering voice. Not to mention the brutal and violent scare tactics he used to suppress anyone who stood in his way.

Some interesting pictures.
most interesting, though, is how he manages to relocate all those Redwood; Sequoia and Cedar stumps to Appalachia!

That's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind living in a stump house. Some of those were pretty fancy.

edit:
I also thought the "stump speech" derivation was interesting. I never really gave the term much thought.

Last edited:
There is a new threat to drug users...

Xylazine, known as "tranq," is becoming increasingly rampant in the US drug supply as well as in Canada and abroad. It is mixed with fentanyl in order to cut the final product and increase the level of euphoria and sedation. Unfortunately, it also has a tendency to rot the flesh at injection sites and it also creates another physical dependency for the addict who does not typically choose to have xylazine in their drugs. Additionally, it doesn't respond to normal treatment, such as naloxone (Narcan).

Other drugs that are used to cut the drug supply include bromazolam, a research chemical and thienodiazepine, fluorofentanyl, alprazolam, and much more. There can be as many as 5 or more different substances in one batch of fentanyl or "heroin." Although heroin still exists on the drug market, it is increasingly rare to encounter actual heroin when attempting to buy it. Fentanyl is often pressed into pill form, imitating pharmaceuticals like oxycodone with "M 30" presses/markings, which can be found on actual 30mg oxycodone IR tablets.

I'm so grateful that I stopped using heroin and other pharmaceutical opioids almost 10 years ago, back before the incursion of highly potent, dangerous synthetic drugs like fentanyl, carfentanyl, and xylazine. I eventually overdosed for the first time following three plus years of continuous abuse. After injecting heroin at my rooming house, I was found slumped over on a bench behind the property by another resident. The EMTs came just in time and were able to administer Narcan and revive me.

This was the end of my opioid use for good. If I were to be using drugs in 2024 the same way I had been 10 years ago, I'd probably be dead. The current situation with street drugs is abhorrent, dangerous and terrifying. It's a particularly insidious time in history to be an addict.

Last edited:
This guy's entire channel is about how to make traps for wildlife...

Literally every video is similar to this one and the traps are crudely but cleverly made. Kudos to him for getting 164k subscribers at almost $0 cost per video...

Back