The Official Random Video Thread!

It grows on many cheeses too. Supposedly 1 tiny acupuncture needle on the ear can cure many allergies, you might try it to see if it really works. It's supposed to cost less than $400

Just for the record, the pénicilline and the other antibiotics are made by some fungi to fight the bacteria. The humans diverted it for their own benefit, but still, it's a fungi product and the bacteria aren't happy when they find them in their environment.
Second point, the bacteria need a large amount of water around them to be able to grow and multiply. The fungi, far less. Take out the water, by salt or by drying, and the bacteria can't no longer invade the food. A few are still there, but sheltered in a resistant mode and unable to degrade the food. That the whole point of the dried food, like seeds, fruits, sausage, ham, fishs, pemmican... Adding a lot of sugar, like in the jams, achieve the same purpose by reducing the water's availability (even if there is still as much as initially). The bacteria can't grow on the jam, but the fungi, yes, slowly, because the water is very hard to take out of the high sugar content.

Interesting vids about the cars.

Last edited:
Just for the record, the pénicilline and the other antibiotics are made by some fungi to fight the bacteria. The humans diverted it for their own benefit, but still, it's a fungi product and the bacteria aren't happy when they find them in their environment.
Second point, the bacteria need a large amount of water around them to be able to grow and multiply. The fungi, far less. Take out the water, by salt or by drying, and the bacteria can't no longer invade the food. A few are still there, but sheltered in a resistant mode and unable to degrade the food. That the whole point of the dried food, like seeds, fruits, sausage, ham, fishs, pemmican... Adding a lot of sugar, like in the jams, achieve the same purpose by reducing the water's availability (even if there is still as much as initially). The bacteria can't grow on the jam, but the fungi, yes, slowly, because the water is very hard to take out of the high sugar content.

Interesting vids about the cars.
Well, my own records aren't right. If part of the antibiotics like the penicillin is really made by the fungi, some other antibiotics are produced by bacteria to fight their competitors. I didn't know that.

Not so much lately it seems.
If it's not true, then it's not a fact. There's no such thing as an untrue fact. I get what you're saying, though. Fake facts and fake news riddle our society and that's a huge problem. It's our duty to break down the 50% nonsense we hear on a daily basis and stop acting like a part of the sheeple herd. You want to be the sheeple dog or the wolf and fact check EVERYTHING you hear. Only a fool accepts something as truth based on one source nowadays, even if that source is your college professor. I don't give a f*ck who I hear tell me a "fact," I'm quickly checking up on that information, looking for discrepancies. Anyone who falls for the insane amount of "fakeness" in today's society is probably equally as fake and built and designed to move in whatever direction society tells them to.

That commences my micro-rant. Thank you for listening and God bless America.

Last edited:
Why is it that y'all applaud idiocy like that, just because it is in construction.

If it had been a treeworker acting like that, everybody would have been appalled.

I don't think anyone was applauding this guy, @stig. I'm amazed that his own construction crew even allowed this. If that guy fell, his body would potentially take out and kill or maim innocents below him who are working with the proper protection. Not to mention it's a massive liability from the get go. But having said that, there's no denying this guy has balls. He's free soloing the World Trade Center. But saying he has balls is not to applaud him, it's to highlight his testicular fortitude. But behind those balls of steel, he's clearly a dimwit. I wonder if this guy lived to tell the tale. There's nothing about what he's doing that I think merits a revival on construction sites around the world. I hope it dies when he dies.

I recall there was something in the 60/70s where native Americans were sought after as constriction workers on projects like this as they were fearless and nimble around the ironwork.

Don‘t see the issue Stig, 40 year old vid.

I recall there was something in the 60/70s where native Americans were sought after as constriction workers on projects like this as they were fearless and nimble around the ironwork.

Don‘t see the issue Stig, 40 year old vid.
Mick nailed it. The Mohawk tribe was known for their work in the high rise steelwork industry. I'm not sure what year fall protection was mandated for them.

Isn't that how most people climb trees anyhow? Free solo? No ropes or equipment for that matter? It's just us industry and recreational people who climb trees frequently who are forced to make the PPE more secure and the techniques more complex to create a safety margin large enough to keep people who climb trees for a living, or regularly for fun, protected.

Last edited:
Back