The Official Random Video Thread!

That was gnarsty!!!

And that final shot of the raw meat on the ground, Lordy!!

Some people are just a waste of life. This is anticlimactic at first, but I promise that you won't be disappointed by the end...

EDIT: Okay, my pretend lawyer tells me I can't make promises like this, so I "all but guarnatee it!"

This dude looks like a strung out Lil' Dicky with the Jewfro.

Last edited:
Some context for us Americans...

"The Scarlet Sails (Russian: Алые паруса) is a celebration in St. Petersburg, Russia, the most massive and famous public event during the White Nights Festival every summer. The tradition is highly popular for its spectacular fireworks, numerous music concerts and a massive water show.

This tradition began in 1968, when several Leningrad schools united to celebrate the end of the school year in connection with the symbolism of the popular 1923 romantic novel Scarlet Sails by Alexander Grin. During the first celebration, a brigantine with scarlet sails sailed along the English Embankment and the Admiralty Embankment towards the Winter Palace. The 1961 release of the film Scarlet Sails boosted the popularity both of the book and of the tradition.

Although there existed an early draft version of the Scarlet Sails poem, which action was staged at post-revolutionary Petrograd (St. Petersburg's russified name before renaming to Leningrad in 1924), the author eventually put its action to a fictional country, thus making his work just a symbolic story of an all-conquering, lofty dream with no rusty revolutionary propaganda.

As a symbol of fulfilling child's dream to be adult and free from "schools and rules" the brigantine with scarlet sails turned to be an emblem of transition to a new wishfully beautiful adult life upon school-graduation. The tradition interrupted in later Soviet period, but was again reborn since 2005, when St. Petersburg authorities realized the tourist-attracting potential of the event."

Source: Scarlet Sails (tradition) - Wikipedia - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Sails_(tradition)

I know plaigerism is fashionable online because of the low conviction rate, but I'm not "that guy."

Interesting how they chose to accent the ship's sales with red. An obvious allusion to what's going on in Ukraine. This isn't a jab at Russia, this is an honest and fair assessment...as Russia is losing soldiers to the combat as well.

"At present, most often unofficially, the interpretation of the flag colors of Russia are as follows: the color white means peace, purity, perfection, the blue is the color of faith and fidelity, constancy; the color red symbolizes energy, strength, blood shed for the Fatherland."

Source: Russian Flag - White, Blue and Red - https://www.advantour.com/russia/flag.htm#:~:text=At%20present%2C%20most%20often%20unofficially,blood%20shed%20for%20the%20Fatherland.

Last edited:
Downloaded it with yt-dlp, then reuploaded it here.
I'm a dummy when it comes to this stuff. I downloaded something, but it doesn't seem to work right. I thought it needed to install, but it appears it needs no install. It just opens command prompt, waits a few seconds, then flashes a message for an instant before closing.
1689006554853.png

I assume you're on windows. I haven't used windows since vista, and I'm not exactly sure how commandline programs work on that platform. You might have an easier time with a gui. A web search turned this up...

It looks like it's actively developed, but it isn't something I've used. The portable version would be he most straightforward to get started with.

Plain yt-dlp that you downloaded works in the terminal. You can try opening your terminal, and just type "yt-dlp" to see if there's any interesting errors. If it recognizes the command, that means it's in your path, and you can follow the operation instructions in the wiki. If not, the first step is adding yt-dlp to window's path so it can find it. I don't know how to do that without a web search.

Nothing better than trying to bomb out and hit a target. Except my targets are sticks or rocks on the ground, not actual targets.

Rope walking up a sizable tree like a beast...

@Nutball This software is Windows friendly and allows the user to download any audio or video file or even just the audio from a video file using YouTube links. Not sure if that helps.
Thanks, it works great. I wondered how it would overcome the slow speed of a large download (I didn't think it would) but it appears to fool the network into keeping the speed up by starting the download in several different places along the video. I could only laugh at such a win.

Back