The Official Random Video Thread!

An ordinary can of water can cause a fire -
That was wild. I've heard of that happening. And just last week, I noticed the magnifying glass which hangs on my pegboard with other tools, was making a rather intense, focused spot on the the pegboard, so I moved the glass to inside of a tool box. One less thing..

From a previous thread, regarding fire starting...

Those of you with young kids might have seen a few Bluey episodes.

here is part of one where the dad is using a "chainsaw", do the excuses sound familiar ? :)

That was wild. I've heard of that happening. And just last week, I noticed the magnifying glass which hangs on my pegboard with other tools, was making a rather intense, focused spot on the the pegboard, so I moved the glass to inside of a tool box. One less thing..
ive started a fire with half a wine glass of white wine, same thing happened, just like a magnifying glass.

Is it not a basic driver skill to disengage the transmission by putting it into neutral, or at least downshift?
Not when you are in a panic and not used to doing unusual things like shifting an automatic while moving. You could blame the 911 operator for not suggesting to shift it into neutral, but that's an unusual call.

Why would anyone want their brake power assist to be disabled?

Not when you are in a panic and not used to doing unusual things like shifting an automatic while moving. You could blame the 911 operator for not suggesting to shift it into neutral, but that's an unusual call.

Why would anyone want their brake power assist to be disabled?
I was surprised the operator didn't say that.

Things happen fast at 120mph. Much brain power will go towards not crashing, though the passengers should have been problem solving.

Here's an interesting video I'm halfway through and think is worth sharing. This channel in general has tons and tons of fascinating content about successfull businesses and their stories. Here is a video about a company in China that has the most popular app in China and owns just about everything (or at least a share), including companies in the US like Reddit, SnapChat, Spotify, Blizzard, UbiSoft (games like Fortnite), and makes more monetary transactions every year than Mastercard and Visa combined. But they are also known for collaborating with the Chinese Communist Party and was the only company to ever score a 0/100 from Amnesty international for their app WeChat for human rights violations. Check it out. It's an hour long, but I think you'll find it to be fascinating. If that's too long for you, I would strongly encourage you to look at some of the other, shorter videos for companies like Netflix, LEGO, Facebook, Caine's, TikTok, WhatsApp, Dominos, Burger King, Louis Vuitton, FedEx, you name it...it's probably there.

Nepal is the home of the Sherpas and they can climb the world's tallest mountains like it's nobody's business carrying nearly 100lbs or more at a time. Carrying some braided cable up a dirt path like that is child's play for them.

It has the hashtags #fishing #fisherman. Is that a fishing assistive device of some kind? They are all in complete camo like they're hunting.a

EDIT: I know the fishing device speculation sounds outrageous, partly because it is...but there are fisherman who use mallets or devices called "thumpers" which generate banging in the hulls of their boats which attract both bait and predator fish. They could have been by a river or a lake in this video for all we know. That was my thinking. Besides, who uses those hashtags unless they are actually fishing or fisherman? Fraudulent hashtag use, I say!

Last edited:
Back