The Official Random Video Thread!

@CurSedVoyce The internet has nearly twice as much interesting content to watch now that just about every officer on duty wears a body camera. News outlets used to simply report stories such as these, but now they can just attach the clip to a brief article or to a no-article Tweet. That driver was definitely doing something other than watching the road in the seconds before that crash. They'll be lucky if they still have any teeth after the front wheels hit the start of the ramp unless it deployed the airbags.

@Maximalist Where is that located? That's cool as hell. What a great way to utilize rivers for car travel. It's interesting how you can see the shockwaves being generated by some of the faster traveling vehicles, but since it is on water, it is likely dissipated readily.

This unique floating road is located in China. It is surrounded by the tranquil beauty of the forested mountain ranges of central Hubei Province.

The wooden road literally floats along the river, repeating the bend of its bed.

A feature of the design is also its flexibility. The structure can rise and fall depending on the water level in the river.

Based on the language being spoken which sounds definitively Asian (I reserve the right to be wrong), the fish most likely jumping are Silver Carp. The person in this video had a prime opportunity to collect a massive bounty of fish which are great to eat and are relatively valuable.

"This is a delicious fish. The flesh is white, tender, smooth in texture and mild but flavorful. It has practically no "fishy" taste at all, and is considered one of the very finest eating fish - just about everywhere except North America."
Source: Silver Carp - https://www.clovegarden.com/ingred/sf_carpsilz.html#:~:text=This%20is%20a%20delicious%20fish,about%20everywhere%20except%20North%20America.

I ddin't embolden that part of the sentence, the author did.

There are other species of jumping fish, so I don't claim to know this matter-of-factly. It's not like I can examine the fish through YouTube.

He's wrong about the LED light bulbs at the end. He should have known better because he was just talking about the conspiracy of planned obsolescence of things. LEDs even a couple years before that video were burning out way too quickly, almost as fast as incandescent. I've had some compact fluorescents that burned out consistently after 2 weeks or less of medium use, and some that have several thousand hours on them.

A 63 yo guy on a bike did just that yesterday at a rail cross road a few hundred yards from where I worked. Didn't heard a thing despite the ruckus around it tough, but that ended badly for him.

@lxskllr I was thinking the same thing. I think we're hardwired to respect government, state or town property out of fear of huge penalties or fines. Overly so.

Last edited:
I can relate to that. Once upon a time, in a string of slow moving traffic that suddenly stopped... and left me on the tracks of a railroad crossing.

Now what are the odds? The lights started flashing, the gates started dropping. I could not backup or drive forward. What else can a person do in bumper to bumper traffic?

I had about 20 to 30 seconds to think about it before the Sacramento Rapid Transit rolled through at 70 mph. Enough time to get out of my rig and run for safety, but then... all the cars on both sides of the crossing started moving back, away from the tracks. Primarily for their own safety I'm sure, And in the nick of time, seconds to spare, I moved my rig off the tracks and the Metro rolled through blaring its horns to the heavens.

Boy, that was a mighty close call. I almost made the news!

Before that incident I often wondered, "How is it that people get stuck on the railroad tracks and get hit by a train?" Well, that's just one way.

Watch to at least the halfway mark before you abort...assuming you do at all! This rendition of AC/DC's Thunderstruck left me...well...thunderstruck! Hugely motivational piece of musical art right here with an unassuming, but spectacular music video plot! The takeaway: They were there before their time and now they're right on time!

Last edited:
Back