The Official Random Video Thread!

I could make a center punch, knurled, tapered, ground point, hardened and blued in an hour. I loved shop.

I hear they don't teach vocational skills in schools anymore. Even drivers education. What's going on?

Dunno around here, but they were phasing out drivers ed when I was in school. That was offloaded to private schools. We had shop classes. I think the only one I took past first level was drafting, which isn't quite a shop class I guess.

I've never done any machining but it is amazing, obviously.

A possible perpetual motion machine. Though they explain it with a tail wind, the equations and static wind test models prove it is continuously self propelled

Mind blowing really, like is this some analogy to gravity? Not even magnets could keep something moving like this that I know of. As long as there is road and air, it should work until the parts wear out or go so fast they blow apart, or if the propeller could reach a point where wind resistance on the prop is equal to it's ability to push and spin.

Just when you think you’re a badass with an open latch hook on the crane...

Alrighty...I worked with a goodly number of talented helicopter pilots in my decades with the US Forest Service. If one has not watched the kind of intricate maneuvers a great hand on the stick can manage, maybe it's not going to look so spectacular...but that was talent few pilots can bring to the table.

The Official Random Video Thread! | Page 445 | The Tree House (masterblasterhome.com)
The Official Random Video Thread! | Page 445 | The Tree House (masterblasterhome.com)

Not perpetual motion, cause it's being acted on by an external force(wind). It is an interesting force multiplier that I don't fully understand. I'll have to watch it again when I'm less tired.

But what I was getting at is that the wind did not need to act on it. It just needs a push to get it going, granted the ground and air is not part of the unit as a whole unless you consider the whole planet, but all that car needs is ground and air, no wind, and a push start, and it will continue to accelerate until some extreme physical limitation is reached. Mindblowing.

I think in the initial idea, the wind is supposed to help it along, but all it does is give it a push.

I'm ok if you prove me wrong, because it sounds too good to be true as with any similar thing like the gravity wheel that has perpetually falling balls that roll closer to the center of their little box on one side of the wheel and farther out on the other always keeping it off balance, but it doesn't actually work.

Yes, I have a problem with it too.
No matter what, if something accelerates, or at least maintains a constant speed, it needs energy, either supplied constantly or previously stored (gravity case). From where it comes for this one ?
The demonstration with the levers doesn't seems right to me. MA yes, sure, but the income has to be bigger than the outcome, as we speek about power and not just force. Even just in this analogy, who/what pushes on the lever to move the other side? No push, no move.

My mind doesn't want to work properly. I can't even sort out the simple math after 11:30

Edit : I erased my thinking. I was wrong with the propeller force.

Last edited:
Are you one of these guys who watches too much news? Regardless of the network?

Back