The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
I had my friend the vet and fellow woodturner over last sunday, because Fiona had given me a special piece of wood that we wanted to turn together.
I had just removed a tick from Sam's belly that morning and noticed a lump on one of his testicles, so i asked my buddy to have a look.
Cancer!!!
So monday he went under the knife and now only has one ball left, which doesn't seem to bother him.
Richard's dog is staying with us for a couple of weeks, Sam really enjoys his company.

Today it is 90 degrees here, which is extremely hot for Denmark, so they are just laying around, feeling sorry for themselves:lol:

P1030072.JPG

By feel, but the only way to be certain is to remove the testicle and send it away for testing. They correctly diagnose cancer by feel about 90% of the time, the other 10% might be a benign growth.

My friend was 99% certain that it hadn't spread beyond the affected testicle, so we let him keep the other one.
Both of us were in agreement that we'd have taken the chance, had it been us on the operating table.

I don't have much luck with my dogs lately.

Sorry to here this, but holding out for the good outcome we all wish for, Stig. Should be all right.

My vet can pull cell samples from a suspect lump or bump with a syringe/needle and look at it on a slide under microscope in her clinic lab. Extremely high accuracy on identifying suspect cell structures, i.e. cancer cells. Not as good as a biopsy, but pretty darn good.

Hope he heals up Stig. I got home tonight to find my old yard dog Onyx tore up:(
He is mostly blind and close to deaf also so no way to defend himself.
Cleaned him up and put 4 stitches in all he would let me.
Another neigbor called to see how he was after he stopped him from being bit up worse so I at least have a who done it. The paint ball gun is loaded with red balls and I know one dog owner who will be a tad panicked when his white shepherd/wolf hybrid mix show up all red!
Picture below not for the squeamish.

zyjeqyza.jpg

y2ady3yq.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=137507919625288

Damn. Hope he's gonna be alright. If that happened in my yard and I knew who it was I'd be having words with the owner for certain.

Yup.

Though in reality, it's the dogs' owner who bears responsibility for keeping his animal on his own property...hence, who actually deserves the harsh treatment, I ask you?

It's the owners fault. If his dog is vicious and can't be contained it should be euthanized. Although if a dog was tearing up one of my guys I'd probably shoot it. I was more thinking at this point now, after the fact. I wouldn't be looking to punish the dog.

Back