The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
I am sorry for your my friend... Really sorry. I was hoping for the best out come for Thais after surgery. Take his heart with you and hold. Hold tight. He will always be a part of you.

Thais seemed to have a good life, well cared for and able to run free sometimes while seeing new sites, some pals, and he probably felt a sense of accomplishment when having done his duties. What more could a dog ask for....

One of these!!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tw0pXBLjGnM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hahahaha I bet he is wore out when he stops! I love the way he jumps in front of the machine like that is going to speed it up!

Happy ending dog story.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OluE-PFfbvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for your kind words, everybody.

My other dog, Sam, is having a hard time of it.
He just lies around and stares into space, missing his buddy.
I guess it is tough, when you've always been a pack, suddenly to be a single dog.
My neighbour visited yesterday and brought one of her female dogs with her, that cheered him up for a while.

Just caught up with this sad news, Stig. I hate to hear it, and you must know we feel a keen pain both with and for you.

Jasper just turned 10 this past month. He's in great shape so far, but I hate that feeling in the back of my mind knowing the years are getting shorter than I would have them be. A pic from one of our spring camping trips, this one was on the Merced River...

Attachments

• Yosemite and Merced R. camping April 2013 097.jpg
    Yosemite and Merced R. camping April 2013 097.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 64
He is a fine looking elderly gentleman, just like his owner!

We know, when we get a dog, that they'll live shorter than we'd wish them to,but it still hits hard, when they go.

Thanks, guys. A couple more...

The second one was taken in our rental cabin at Bandon, southern Oregon coast a month ago or so...he was bugging me for some love while I was getting changed out of my beach walking boots, so I draped my sock over his head and scruffed his ears with it. He walked around with that sock over his head for several minutes, then lay down for a snooze. I don't know how long he had it on...quite a while, silly dog :).

Attachments

• Bandon Silly Dog.jpg
    Bandon Silly Dog.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Yosemite and Merced R. camping April 2013 051.jpg
    Yosemite and Merced R. camping April 2013 051.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 64
Can't be senile, he's been doing silly, funny stuff like that since he was a puppy, so Pete might be on to something :D.

So sorry to hear the bad news about Thias Stig. My first dog ever died a few years ago, a huge Greyhound collie cross, and I still get a lump in my throat when I think of it. My wife still has my Irish Setter, and I know he has very little innings left. My condolences.

He is a fine looking elderly gentleman, just like his owner!

We know, when we get a dog, that they'll live shorter than we'd wish them to,but it still hits hard, when they go.

Stig, the best medicine for you and your other dog is a new puppy.

It must be miserable for a dog to lose it's buddy, not at least having a conception about life and death. :( Good idea, Gigi, there is relief in life! :thumbup:

There is a famous dog in old Japan, "Hatchi". They made a movie about him. He would leave his house everyday around the same time and go to Shibuya station on his own to wait for his master to get off the train from his work commute. Then they would walk home together. Did it for years or something. His master had a heart attack and died, but Hatchi still went to the station everyday to wait. People tried to adopt him but he wouldn't stay, just would go and wait for the train or roam around the station always looking for his buddy. I think he became more or less homeless. Seeing the movie that they made about Hatchi absolutely breaks your heart, the dog waiting in the rain and snow, I started crying. They made a statue of Hatchi, the loyal dog, to put in front of the station. Hatchi is still there.

Back