The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 290K
I'm a softie for my dog. She doesn't sleep on the bed though.

Wish I could let her chase squirrels and cats but, you know city life...
Not the right thing to do. Many pc folks.

Good that you don't let Penny run with the Vietnamese. I remember that there was a thing where the wildlife was disappearing in Golden Gate Park near their neighborhood, like it was Dien Bien province. Maybe cooking fires on the carpet too?

You must have a king size bed. Penny's 50 lbs is in the way.

Jay, Mims lived in Saigon for 2+ years.
She told me about the Manly tradition of eating dogs, better if the dog dies stressed.
Yuck.

Thais got his knee rebuildt today. He is still somewhat sedated and his buddy, Sam, is not leaving his side.

Now for 6 weeks we'll have to hope the right knee, which is partly torn will hold up. Then once the left knee is healed up they can rebuild the right one.
If the right crucial ligament breaks before the left knee is healed, we'll have to pull the plug. So he'll be living an extremely sedate life till then.

Those two operations would normally cost about 3 grand each:O

Good thing my vet is my good buddy and that when his business partner needed a bunch of trees taken down 3 years ago, I did it for him and told him I'd rather be owed a favour than be paid. So they are doing the work and I only have to pay for the titanium parts.

P1020611.JPG

Thais got his knee rebuildt today. He is still somewhat sedated and his buddy, Sam, is not leaving his side.

Now for 6 weeks we'll have to hope the right knee, which is partly torn will hold up. Then once the left knee is healed up they can rebuild the right one.
If the right crucial ligament breaks before the left knee is healed, we'll have to pull the plug. So he'll be living an extremely sedate life till then.

Those two operations would normally cost about 3 grand each:O

Good thing my vet is my good buddy and that when his business partner needed a bunch of trees taken down 3 years ago, I did it for him and told him I'd rather be owed a favour than be paid. So they are doing the work and I only have to pay for the titanium parts.

View attachment 46548

Keeping all my fingers crossed. It's hard to manage an active dog when they need rest and recuperation...they just don't get it :). Best wishes.

Wachoo using for heat?

Wood!

But I have a big furnace, a buffer tank and central heating.

Nice even warmth in the whole house, hot water, even heats the hottub and is a lot less hassle than woodstoves, but I miss sitting next to the stove after a day in the winter woods, letting the radiating heat work on me.

Jumping in the hottub when I get home, makes me miss it a lot less, though:D

Thanks for your good wishes everybody, this one is going to be tough for Thais to get through.
Had he been older, I wouldn't have put him through it, but he still has 4-5 good years ahead, hopefully.

You know, it happened so fast it didn't even scare me.
It was just WHAM, and I was under a log.
Dragged the saw over and cut myself free.
Still can't quite believe I didn't get hurt.

Soimetimes it is just better to be lucky than smart, I guess.

I got a small dog for the children 2 years ago. A little cairn Terrier. As some know, my Wife has been... behaving strangely. When I got my 24 hours with the kids, the first thing they sobbingly told me was that their mother had got rid of their dog. I went and fetched him back, and now he lives with me. I've always had big dogs, so this little guy is a cinch to look after. Fantastic little personality.

Attachments

• DSC_1724.JPG
    DSC_1724.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_1731.JPG
    DSC_1731.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_1732.JPG
    DSC_1732.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_1749.JPG
    DSC_1749.JPG