The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 290K
Pete, I want a dog like that when I grow up.

Seriously, he turned out beautifully. What a handsome animal.

Sure anything with any kind of husky in it is going to be a handful to train, but once trained you can't find a better dog IMO.

The 2 husky/shepherd mixes I've had have been wonderful dogs.

Ed, honestly, anyone who would joke about the pup being run over deserves a whack over the head with a chunk of firewood. The new little guy looks like he fits right in.

Good to get some dog pictures up again, its been a while since anyone posted in this thread.

The last dog Katy adopted, "kitty" is actually turning out to be a nice dog for a small dog. Pretty smart.
I too am not one for small dogs and I do lean towards Huskys. Like Stig pointed out, once trained. Curry was one of the best dogs I ever had. Was great with kids too..

Very cute, there's one like that next door.

My own little pet.
That's Uschka, 53 kg, 8 years old now, a female landseer, new-land's cousin, dogs who really love water.

And like in the pic, most of the time, she's stuck at me when we are outside.
Here, we are at a fest two years ago, before a water rescue demonstration with the dogs (and owners) of our club.

Great show.
If they weren't firmly tied, they all would run/jump in the water at the same time.:roll:

A tricky exercise : synchronized rescues, with an upside down boat, three casualties (one under the boat), three rescuers and theres dogs. The third group is out of the pic, at the boat's rear.

Amazing dogs, I love them.

Uschka's favorite exercise: big jump from the running boat.
Me, I'm already in the splash.

"Well done, isn't it ?"8)

Some fine looking dogs there. Look like very good temprament too.

Has the black in the 4th pic got a coloured tongue?
Yes, that's it.
When they are puppy; the tongue is all pink. During their life, some black spots come and widen. The amount depends of the dog from nothing to well blackened (gray should be a better word). You can see that too on the skin and the coat of the black and white (either newfie or landseer). When mine was born, her nose was almost all pink, and the white areas were larger than today. Funny.

For the temperament, man can find bad boys, as in all the other species and breeds. But usually, those dogs are very kind with humans and they love caress. A real teddy bear...with a strict education. They are very strong end heavy, so You have to be the leader. If they know who is (are) the boss, it's a real pleasure, very friendly and in love of the master. Great qualities to make a rescuer.

Todays autumn walk

Attachments

• autumn11 270.jpg
    autumn11 270.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 41
  • autumn11 283.jpg
    autumn11 283.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 38
  • autumn11 238.jpg
    autumn11 238.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 38
  • autumn11 236.jpg
    autumn11 236.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 38
  • autumn11 245.jpg
    autumn11 245.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 41
He is filling out steadily, but appears to have stopped growing, however the pictures are deceptive as he is a long dog & weighs in at approx 95lbs

Nice dog! My lilttle guy has almost doubled in size and weight in 2 weeks. He is gonna be a monster!

http://www.dogbedswarehouse.com/

platform_dogbed_PG.jpg

I like this one.

Back