The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 291K
My sister's cattle dog liked to bark at little dogs on the sidewalk. Until he saw a pitbull, then he hid below the window.:lol:

The smaller the territory is, the fiercer it'll be defended in my experience.
Which is why many dogs will be agressive to strangers when in a car.

Lots of people ask if they can pet mine, when they see them standing on the truck bed, but I always let them out of the car first.

My wife got pulled over by the police once, and the officer for some ( illegal) reason opened the back door in the van.
Big mistake, he just got it shut before old Lef tore his face off.

Our neighbour just got a female border collie pup.
She was introduced to the big dogs today.

P1000246.JPG P1000249.JPG P1000252.JPG

Thais is a gentle dog, alright.
He is everybody's best friend, be they human or canine.

Sam is the tough one, but he is very gentle around puppies.
He lets Tchaka, Richard's pup that are staying with us, get away with the most amazing stuff.

Both of them are real good with kids as well, except for knocking them over.

White german shepherd and white shepherd/ pyreneean cross.

The lab is Richard's dog. Just stays with me while He is in New Zealand.

Thais really like raw carrots.
So he was happy to find that the gamekeeper had put a pile of them out for the deer to eat.

P1000393.JPG P1000394.JPG P1000396.JPG

HA! At the recommendation of our vet, I give raw carrots to my dog Ursa as treats. She will occasionally turn up her nose at jerky or mutton, but never the carrots. She would lose her mind if she saw a pile of carrots like that!

I've never seen a dog eat carrots. That reminds me of a joke; this city slicker sees this old man feeding his dog mustard greens, and the dog was chowing down on them. To the old man he says "I've never seen a dog eat greens before! And the old man responds "Well, for the first thirty days or so, he wouldn't touch em!"

:lol:

Roe deer, fallow deer and elk.

The roe deer population has exploded since mange killed off most of the foxes.

The carrots are on a game ranch/ hunting estate, whatever you call it.

A fenced in peninsula where they have a lot of fallow deer and sika deer plus some wild muflon sheep.

I take care of the forest there.

Che was asking how Jasper was doing these days...here's a couple of shots from our trip to Bandon by the Sea about a month ago.

He's doing great.

I wish Scout the best during the time he has remaining, Che. I know you'll make that happen as well as anyone could.

Attachments

• DSCN2393.jpg
    DSCN2393.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN2357.jpg
    DSCN2357.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 12
Jasper looks wonderful, Burnham!

Thanks, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about Scout right now....I talked to a UPS worker today who had a rescue GS dog that developed DM....the dog lasted almost FIVE years after diagnosis before it was time. We are definitely thinking positive right now.

:D

Back