The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
But the problem with that story is you are already dead. In the afterlife with your dead dog and how do you only single out just one of your pets.

You may check in with you vet about raised bowls. I understand that it can create a hazard around a twisted gut, which did in my dog, Rupert, many years ago. Dogs are used to eating off the ground. Tall, deep-chested dogs are more at risk. Fast eating affects it, too, IIRC.

You may check in with you vet about raised bowls. I understand that it can create a hazard around a twisted gut, which did in my dog, Rupert, many years ago. Dogs are used to eating off the ground. Tall, deep-chested dogs are more at risk. Fast eating affects it, too, IIRC.
I was told by my in-laws that they used a raised bowl for their Great Danes to prevent gut problems :shrugs: I don't know a thing about it, but feeding dogs off a platform seemed strange to me. My thinking was if that was necessary, I'd consider it a genetic flaw, and it would be best to let the breed die out.

Ok you two you can stop bickering the puppy will have a new home in Texas but she will be with us until the day after Thanksgiving. She is going to a friend of mine who has dogs and is a dog lover.

Last edited:
Back