The morgan block

@BeerGeek, pm your address to me.

I had another use for the MB recently. I was ground anchored with the ultra sling @Johnny spliced. To add friction, and tie-off, i clipped a suitable steel Fusion biner to an ultrasling loop and used a munter hitch, and to tie-off, i used a mule knot with an overhand on a bight or with a bight or something.

I was lowering out a larger hanger with 2 ropes, fwiw.

@BeerGeek

Has it arrived?

Sorry for the Human Rain Delay.
I had some unexpected travel around family things.

@treebilly made the ultrasling that's on it.

@Jonny hooked me up with an ultrasling. THANKS!!!

I see the splicing bug coming closer.

I may have posted a picture of using the ultra sling with a ...

(releaseable- under-load)
munter hitch- mule knot
with overhand tie-off (a simple and useful combo).

...as a way to secure the tail/ lockoff the MB .

Last edited:
I sent along Rich’s dead eye sling and a couple ultras I made. If one is green, that’s 5/16”, pretty light duty. The orange one should take whatever you throw at it though.

Nope. It’s still on it. I missed this thread somehow for a while or I’d of offered to ship to Brian. I brought it to the expo hoping that Jamie would be here.

The orange one is on it.

I've been trying to change storage systems in my truck, but like so many things, I'm in the middle of many things, at times, too many.

I think i saw a dead-eye i didn't recognize when i was trying to sort out 4 systems for a teenage climbing party last weekend.

I'll dig more.

Is the dead- eye 1/2" stable braid?

So, was cruising through some vids today, and in this one August stated he was trying out a new rigging device (go to about 3:12 mark), calling it the "Down Rigger" by Rock Exotica. @Porkbrick Jaime, any comments on that?:

There is s thread on that devise Jaime made. Some of us got to play with it. Was supposed to be somewhat adjustable. But that may have changed at Rock exotica or August did not get the memo.

My point was that I never saw anything from Jaime or anywhere else about it bieng sold/collaborated with RE. Would be nice to know.

It looks almost exactly like the original, probably a collaboration. 250 lb piece 10:1 25 lbs in the hand, depending a bit on the rope and if set up max friction rope routing, which the vid looked like.

i don‘t own one and i too use natural crotch wraps for most limbs that can drop in to the rigging. i was thinking about getting one for situations where a remote anchorpoint or third anchorpoint is necessary but my rig&wrench ticks that box and 450 bucks buys me a lot of rope.. my gear addiction does make it hard to resist, though.

how smooth natural crotch wraps are is up to the operator, i can imagen that the morgan block is less smokey, though.🙂

But a Morgan block won’t lock up or have choppy friction if the chunk isn’t heavy enough. I don’t think the MB is for all that heavy if a chunk to begin with.

Back