Tendon Surgery AGAIN!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You'll be in one piece for the ArborParty, no doubt. :thumbup:

You know it Erik!

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing my own rehab and letting pain be my guide. Besides, I just went through this last year for the other arm and still remember everything that they had do.

I agree with what Brian said about PT. It's mostly a big waste of time and money for working folk. Though it does have its place at times.

Glad to hear you're healing up, Chris.

Thanks Jer!

And thanks so much again for sending me The Yarder DVD. What a great story and a wonderful piece of history.

I already sent out nearly 100 of the yarder vids to friends and family and still have more to burn and send out. I just got burned out last week doing it. so for those that haven't received one don't give up. Next week I should have the list wrapped up. Just kind of a xmas vid for ya. Enjoy.

Jerry, you are a salt of the earth individual and if more people were as kind as you are, the world would be a much better place.

I am glad to call you a friend, thanks for everything that you do for us.

Old 88, what a beautiful piece of machinery that is and the way that Jer describes the whole high lead logging makes it so interesting to watch.

Well, I got the cast off my arm yesterday and can't believe how much the muscles have atrophied in just 2 weeks. Thank god that muscle has memory, because my poor arm looks like a toothpick. I still have to wear a sling when I go out for another week and can only do gentle range of motion exercises until Dec 22. Then I can begin my rehab on my own...stay tuned for more updates, and thank you guys again for listening to me talk about my injury and keeping me motivated.

Start slow and very light you will build strength pretty quick. In high school I tore my medial collateral ligament in my left knee and had to be immobilized for two months. It is kind of an eye opener when I started rehabing, "now lets see if you can lift 2lbs" and prior to that I was in power lifting and could do 180lbs on legs extensions.
Stay positive, it is going to be hard at first and a little mentally draining but you will see gains everyday.

MB, what ever happened with your torn bicep? How is it now?

Yeah, I have a powerlifting buddy of mine who ruptured his biceps tendon doing barbell curls. He never had it fixed and the doc just said that it would reattach itself a little higher. He doesn't have any issues with it as far as I know. Just not quite as strong as the other arm.

Tendon injuries are one of the biggest problems that older climbers have to watch out for. My good friend (the one and only) Ed Hobbs has told me that that was one of the main reasons that he stopped climbing trees in his mid-forties was potential tendon and ligament problems. Ed is 74 years old now and still does arborist consulting work. The guys a maverick.

It looks funny and isn't as strong it used to be. I'd like to have it fixed but I can't afford the downtime healing. It's no biggie.

Won't be the first outsider to do that, Jer...nor the last :).

I fixed it. Wil-am -ette

Having been in casts numerous times myself I can attest to the atrophy that comes from immobilization. Kind of scary looking at first, but the muscle does come back quick.

Figure those astronauts would lose most of their muscle up there if they didn't exercise regular. In the past some could hardly walk when they got back on the ground.

It looks funny and isn't as strong it used to be. I'd like to have it fixed but I can't afford the downtime healing. It's no biggie.

I'm glad it's not holding you back.

Interesting thought, Brian.

That is an interesting analogy Brian, and same here MB, glad that bicep tendon doesn't bother you.

Yeah Jer, I couldn't get over what my forearm looked like after just 2 weeks in that cast. Still have to wait another 3 weeks before I can start resistance

Back