knee ascender again

Naturarbo

Naturarbo
Hi after owning a Turboknee System, a Systéme 3a and a Haas Velox and finding them all non practical(hope that is good american)...
Actually really shitty all of them.
Turbo is to loose, Systeme 3a is not adjustable on chin lenght, Haas is designed for very tall people.
Looked also at SAKA same basic problem as the others has to be removed for work.
Inspired by Dan Climbing Arborist I made 2 knee ascenders.
First worked very well, but sling was to worn out; lasted 3 trees.
Made a second and its even better.
Design is basic, piece is compact, no bungees, no need to remove after ascent, clips in 1 place only...your rope.
Dont know about you guys but not having to remove it for work is to me A SUPER PLUS POINT.

Attachments

• knee.jpg
    knee.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 25
I like that. Regular ascenders give me few problems, but I like the compactness and fewer moving parts yours has. I'm gonna give that a try for my truck setup.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like that. Regular ascenders give me few problems, but I like the compactness and fewer moving parts yours has. I'm gonna give that a try for my truck setup.
Yes @lxskllr . I had the same.First most ascender have to be connected to chest, flipline or harness, Systéme 3a not; but it is not adjustable at leg height.
The haas and the turbo both are hooked in 2 points to work, beauty of the turbo is adjustable at leg height.
All you need is to measure top of boot to just below knee, this is the full size of your piece.
Bang it on, go to work without more action then openning knee ascender cam.
Happy climbing days both on drt and srt.

How does it compare to a floating ascender on ascent?

I like the concept. Seems like a foot loop would work, if one doesn't have clip-in boots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@SeanKroll there is no floating, I hate 2 floating points that have to come off to work, it is always close to your knee with 1 hooking point.
There is no need to remove it to work, way more compact then all ascenders.
The concept is partially taken from the Systéme 3a and it it possible to use with a foot loop.
I found foot loops cumbersome as they never stay in place with me...maybe I have a shit foot loop???

Back