Tendon Surgery AGAIN!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hi guys, bak home now and pretty narced up at the moment from the meds. I will teii you all about it tmorrow for sure.

thanx for the well wishes.

Good news...you are on the mend now...headed back to good function. Rest up, keep up your vitamin C, glucosamine sulfate, MSM to help the healing.

My best to you.

Boy I re-read my post from last night and I guess the perc meds. really affected my typing skills, ha-ha. Sorry about that guys.

Well, the surgery was a success, but more involved than we had anticipated. The tendon was shredded pretty good and the doc had to remove a lot of dead tissue and grind down the bone spurs where he drilled the holes and sutured the tendon back on. He then spliced up (I like that term) the rest of the tendon and sewed everything back up. I should have asked him if he had put a Yale Whiplock on the end of the splice for extra security, but then he would have thought that the drugs were really affecting me!

Now I'm back home kicking back and re-watching our good friend Jerry B's Working Cimber Series 1-3. Now that is a nice way to enjoy your rehab. I ALWAYS pick up something new when I watch these awesome DVD's. They complement Jer's Fundamentals book perfectly, and I plan on reading and watching them together again.

Long story short guys, don't be afraid to seek proper medical attention when those old nagging injuries just won't get better, or keep recurring. The wonders that the doctors can do these days is truly fantastic, especially for us blue collar guys who love our work so much.

Thanks again you guys for the well wishes.

At 62 my left shoulder is going kaput. Lots of pain. I keep putting it off. My left arm was, by the way, my strongest for flipping that line to climb the big boys. Now it's caught up to me. dang it. Since I'm not working now I do have some reprieve to bear with the pain. But it's not getting better. sooner than later I'm going to have to do something about it.

Chris, luck be with you on healing up strong. And get that young son in law to start doing the heavy work from now on!

bless

Glad to hear all went well. I fear going under the knife one day too, not for awhile still though. I hope.

Well, it's already been 1 week since the surgery...time for a little update.

Had the stitches out a few days ago and things look good, but I'm in a new cast and sling for another week. Can't drive yet, because both my wife Heide and my vehicles are standards. Can't wait to be mobile again! Doc won't let me start PT for awhile yet, but I'm looking forward to it (can't believe I said that). I love working out, but PT just sucks.

As I go through rehab, I'll keep you guys posted.

FWIW, my doc did not prescribe all that expensive PT since I was paying out of pocket. I think it's unnecessary and wasteful. You're an active adult and are capable of exercising your arm just fine without somebody watching you and telling you what exercises they want you to do. My PT consisted of going back to work and being very careful not to overload it. Climbing may be out for a while but running a saw or operating a bucket will be very possible in 8-10 weeks.

Back