Songs I Like

Idaho by Josh Ritter
I have a long unusual relationship with Idaho, family, work, trouble "my clothes are packed and I wanna go"

Lots o things you can say about the following. Let's just settle for GOAT doing their GOAT thing.

Last edited:
Ithink it was Tom Lehrer, who said the left has all the best songs.

That was back when political protest songs existed.

I just found this one:

And then of course the German version by Marlene, who escaped from Germany and became an American citizen in -37:

So I dunno how to.copy videos to here...and I'm probably way behind the times but just came across the cover of Sound of Silence by 'Disturbed' ...WOW

Copy the page link and post it Bermy. Might not work that way for all computers anymore, but it’s how it works for phones and tablets now. No more copying embed codes :)

True story, i was working earlier this summer and that song came on. I had never heard it before, and i honestly thought he was singing "lay me off", and the guys found that so funny it was a running joke for weeks. Wherever we would get stuck doing a terrible job, we would be singing "lay me off" to that song, laughing so hard it made it less miserable. :lol:

You mean it doesn't say "lay me off "? My world is spiraling down a vortex of misperception! What's the actual value of pop country any more? Give me back my 'merica!

Sound of Silence rocks.

Zach is from another planet, 09

Lotta good country music on the radio in Maine, this one caught my ear

Luke Combs isn't country? I'm no expert but I would think he is country. I heard him on a country music station, fwiw

I understand...IMO the downfall of "country" began with the incorporation of electric rhythm (power chords) guitar and the demise of the inclusion of fiddle & steel guitar.

If the combs song was played as an instrumental I doubt many would hear it as country...to me it is more 'southern rock" than anything, rock music with somewhat rural lyrics (pickups, beer, jeans, etc.). Just my opinion though... :dontknow:

Ms. Cox has some excellent technique!

I hear ya re southern rock. Either way, good tune!:drink:

Indeed, Ms Cox can tear it up with the best of em! Btw, I've found it helps to listen 2x in a row to that short selection to fully appreciate

Pearl Jam covering Eruption and Aint Talkin About Love, if yo into such things

Back