Songs I Like

^ Probably one of the best performances I've ever seen by Prince. The only negative was how he was acting like he was the best in the world and so much better than all the other incredible talent sharing the stage. Smashing his guitar at the end was quite childish IMO.

"No one" was absolutely correct in that, Jim. Jimi does rule.

But give one younger guy a try...Henry Garza (of Los Lonely Boys) is something like Hendrix and Carlos Santana all mixed together.

Last edited:
This chit just rocks. Got it all- chunk chunk riffs, ringing guitars, driving percussion, good lyrics and vocals. :headbang:

Last edited:
Watched a Billy Strings concert last evening. Born William Apostolo, he started playing in heavy metal bands when he was young but liked Bluegrass and so it’s a mix of traditional Bluegrass with rips and shredding reminiscent of metal guitarists.

Picking up on the blues from a few pages ago. This is a badass perfomance from Pete Seeger's "rainbow quest" TV show. He had tons of old blues people on, worth a search if you're into that kinda stuff.

I'm a godless heathen, but that's a rocking tune, great guitar, and a powerful voice

I'm a godless heathen, but that's a rocking tune, great guitar, and a powerful voice
Back when I lived in the *"city", there's was a black church in the basement of one of the buildings, and they played rockin' music on Sundays. Hammond B3, drums, bass, electric guitar. I sometimes sat on the sidewalk and listened for awhile.

*It was a genuine city, but it was more like a down on it's luck Mayberry. Had a couple town drunks, some junkies, and a bunch of small time businesses. Right by the water, and when I first moved there, the water was free to access almost the the whole coast. After awhile it started improving(?). Got some gang activity, but also money started coming in. Condos took the water front, Got boutiques, coffee shops, and nice bars. Objectively, it was probably an improvement, but something got lost from when I first lived there. Loved that place.

Back